smp7 will be launched this weekend

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It would be nice but we wont :p
  2. No it is a testing ground for new features. They have flying ponies and trees made of candy there. Its not meant for normal humans...we just couldnt handle it...
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  3. Smp7 yeaaaa
  4. How can I make my own thread?
  5. I know there will not be a dragon egg, but will there be an ender dragon to kill for the xp?
  6. Shhhh no ones meant to know about that XD
    Brennian likes this.
  7. Will the free vault access in the wilderness before the other servers reset also apply to smp7? This may influence the choice of what to take out with me when I go to set up a new back of beyond base.
  8. If there is a choice to limit what servers have this feature, I can't see that it'd be implemented into SMP7 as then it could be considered a feature for abuse, as SMP7 will not be reset, being as it is, a new generation map under the update.

Hence no need to evacuate the Wild, and so no need for the Vault feature.

Then again, you could argue what difference does it make?
    Twitch1 and JustinGuy like this.
  9. Im not saying i had to, its just like none of them felt right til now.
  10. I agree it is not needed on smp7, but would make my integration into a new base so much easier.
  11. What do you take with you when you start a new base?

I'm currently on route to a new location with one other, and between us we've nothing but fairly bare essentials.

Because anything you take out with you, if you hold it in your Inventory during the reset, you still stand the risk of a glitch death when you log in for the first time. MC isn't foolproof in that sense.
    So we decided it wasn't worth the risk taking anything of value, and instead have nothing other than basic starting equipment that we can afford to lose if we die.

You know yourself anyway, you can be up to speed in around ten to twenty minutes of mining and crafting from nothing but your fists.
  12. not to sound like a nuisance.. but is there any update on status?
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  13. Assuming you spawn with a tree or two around. If you spawn in the middle of an ocean, it could take you those twenty minutes or longer just to get to dry land.
  14. :) please
  15. I am planning on staying at my current base location on top of a pillar of dirt in smp1 for the reset. I should, due to being high up, spawn on the surface. I will only be carrying some essentials so if I spawn and die then no problem.

I am also going to journey out on smp7 once launched.
    I will be going via the nether so I will take a lot of obsidian with a flint and steel, this will allow me to pop through to the wilderness, look a the vast ocean surrounding me and re-enter the nether and try again. Because I going via the nether I will take fire resistant potions just in case. Tool wise I shall take diamond pick, iron axe and shovel. Diamond armour and sword are a must as is a bow and arrows. Building blocks will be several stacks of cobble (useful in the nether), dirt for pillaring (also in case I end up on a desert island) and sand for negotiating high drops. Food will be a stack of bread and a stack of melons. Taking melons as they are easily converted into seeds. Other things will be logs, torches, saplings, water bucket.
  16. I am sorry, I ran into an issue with the automatic reset areas and I want to get it right, I never want to have to do a full world reset again :) Thanks for the patience everyone :) :)
    Henry_Loenwind likes this.
  17. +1 !!!
  18. Oh I wouldnt say that, you never know what mojang has instore for future updates with biomes etc :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.