Smp7 WASTELANDS Reforestation

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by harpyLemons, Oct 28, 2016.

1. I didn't know where else to post this. I have recently noticed a lot of people chopping trees in the wastelands and not replanting. This not only makes the landscape ugly, it makes it harder for animals to spawn and for others to get wood. I'm starting a group of people who check around the wastelands spawns on Smp7 for places there used to be forests that have been chopped down/random creeper holes nobody's fixed. For beautiful wasteland spawns!

Please respond to this thread or contact me in-game if you are interested in joining. Also, please suggest names for this group :)

I thank you few people who have already begun to help with the forest at /waste nw. I really do appreciate the help I've gotten from my friends.
    ShelLuser, gladranger7 and UltiPig like this.
  2. I hate to be the barer of bad news but the wastelands are ugly
    They'll stay ugly as long as the Creepers keep creepin and the Enderman keep on snatchin up the land. DOWN WITH THE FORESTS.....

After all it's only the WASTElands
    EquableHook and gladranger7 like this.
  3. okay well I do agree with you this was over the top you coulda be nice about it.

Harp, the wastelands are for razing but I have been on the smp7 frontier and it is necessary to reforest those u might do that instead. good luck wherever you lead!
    AncientTower likes this.
  4. ShelLuser and gladranger7 like this.
  5. AncientTower likes this.
  6. The fact is that the wastelands are meant for resource gathering, not looking pretty. The Frontier, on the other hand, should be kept looking decent and if you want to fill creeper holes and reforest I'm sure the areas around some of the Frontier outposts could use some TLC.
  7. No harm done. One of the best things about the Empire is that it's generally very relaxed. Sure, sometimes a discussion can heat up a little bit, but in the overall it's a very relaxed forum. Which also means that our staff are thankfully not out to try and correct us every step on the way. This is no different.

My suggestion for a possible next time though (just a suggestion, nothing more!): if you got something to discuss with the community (like now) and it doesn't really "fit" then you might want to consider using the Community Discussion forum. What I personally use as a rule of thumb: When in doubt, use the Miscellaneous forum.

But meh, I've seen threads which more or less held a contest posted in the "Introduction" forum, sometimes things happen.

I really applaud your intentions!

Do keep in mind that the wastelands are going to reset in 22 days (time of writing), so you might want to take that into consideration between repairing / building things and using your materials for that.

But in the overall I fully support your ideas. Sure...What the others said above is true: the wastelands is for gathering resources and wrecking the place. But it doesn't hurt to try and keep the most mess out of the spawn areas.

It wouldn't be the first time when I tried to run for safety, only to fall into some weird hole after which a creeper decided to keep me company. It was a blast indeed :D

So I think it's a wonderful idea to clean things up a little bit. It will make it easier for others to do their mining and I think that can only help players enjoy a bit more.
    Harp4Christ and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.