smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Dibs... Eat that I must
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Why don't we put the town hall over the ocean? I mean, it's only natural to have a courtyard right in front of the big stately community center, right? And Eclipsys open-air building is a good courtyard, so why don't we simply just build the town hall over the water?
  3. We built it for town meetings. I did not know it had been finished. Not many people know about it yet. When they do we will start using it.
  4. Its much easier to just use the pad or the forums, imo.

Information you contributed stays and is always available for review, while the in-game chat is only a temp thing, not suitable for prolonged discussions.
  5. Also, It is ok what happened to the Miner Co. Building. It was unused at the moment. All my stuff was in another building. And just a not if people burn down a building make sure the houses aren't connected for some reason.
  6. But it could be a function hall for parties etc.
  7. It.. could? not sure what kind of parties, but I kind of assumed we'd make the townhall station also a townhall of sorts. Second floor, larger area, etc. Probably want to make the townhall somewhere people would hang around in, not somewhere people just sort of ignore.
  8. Yeah. But a function room FAQ building and train station would make it look and feel used and nice. We just need to spread the word of the function hall thing.
  9. lolwat.
  10. WE just need to spread the fact that there is a town/function hall and it would get used more. We only started building week or so ago so it has had no time to be used. So we can use it for functions and the tran station can go somewhere else.
  11. Count me in on this project i will bring plenty of food for everyone and i will get my emergancy wood and bed along with me also ill bring a hoe and some melon, pumpkin and wheat seeds along so we can farm. Need anything else dont hesitate to ask
  12. We understand that you don't want it being used for a rail station. So either host an event there or call it a second home so we can take our greedy eyes off that valuable real estate.

Wow... we have desired real estate people!!! (insert Jeffersons theme) moving on up... to the east side... with a deluxe apartment in the skyyyyyhhhyyyy

Also I need a guide tonight to show me around the nether. I will be installing a food station.
  13. Which part of the nether? The blaze grinders we built? We had a mush-cow, he must have been sweating a ton, lol.
  14. Secret could you send me coords or directions in PM? thanks in advance.
  15. Since the people that build the town hall are against it turning into a train station I think we should respect that. I was planning a vote but it would not be OK if the majority could just take a way someones build esp. if it is meant to serve the community. We'll have the train station at another location. If there is more than one possible location we will have a vote on those.
  16. I second the idea to make the hub an extension of the FAQ/Members shore. We can expand using cobble and have a relatively big area to work with. Based on the signs, that bridge is slated for destruction in the near future.

Lets get this voting going!
  17. +1 then :p
  18. So what are the other options except the "extension of the FAQ/Members shore"?
    Town hall got ruled out. So if the the only other idea we don't really need a vote.
    Or maybe a simple yes / no one?
  19. I'll have a schematic out on a VISIO equivalent for visualization purposes.
  20. Others suggested have been the "abandoned lot" or bomb testing range around -1840,-1860 (suggested by philo and I think some others) and the connection point for the jungle/lighthouse, southern and snow train lines, also know as the clarsterfark.

However i don't think the bombsite is central enough and the clarsterfark is probably too far south.

Don't we need permission from the FAQ building builder?