SMP2's waste skeleton grinder!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Hi gang!

It's that time of the year again!

SO are you in need for bones or XP or both? Maybe a nice bow or two... In that case you might like our latest build: the skeleton grinder. I found a skeleton spawner, locked it, Aya helped to build / secure the room (re-build the ceiling and walls with protected blocks to prevent griefing). Best part is that this is approx. 90 blocks away from spawn. Basically: exit the outpost, go down the stairs and you're pretty much already there.

How does it work?
    • /waste s, on SMP2, then exit on the east side (turn left after you spawned).
    • Go down the stairs into the tunnel and you should immediately see the idle area.
    • Just wait for the skeleton(s) to spawn and drop down, kill 'm and pick up your loot.
    Note that there is a small issue with the middle insert, sometimes a skeleton can die there while you can't pick up your loot. I'm aware, we need to think about this. If there's some bones lying there then just try to drop some bones on the ground which you already have. This should auto-tp the other bones (items group together when dropped nearby).

This grinder was brought to you by Aya, me and the anonymous skeleton which gave his life so that we could get all the XP and bones we'd like :p

Here we're both trying to fight off the skeleton army :)

Unfortunately we immediately got into a disagreement about payment and it tried to kill me. Since we shouldn't have PVP on EMC I figured I'd better kill it myself before anyone found out :D

Even Momentus tried to stop us from finishing this grinder! :eek:

At least it gave us a vault voucher ;)

But eventually after all was settled we could continue building.

Although not perfect the setup works decently well, if you wait a while you'll have a small army of skeletons in no time!

Embedded spawner, lock sign and enough water to flush the skeletons down :)

SO yeah, hope this can be useful for some of you!