SMP2 Map Art Museum

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by supereskimo, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Hi all! A long time ago, I and a few other players starting making map art (maps with images on them) on SMP2. I figured it's time to showcase some of those creations and share them with the community. With the addition of lecterns (for displaying info) and cartography tables (which let you lock maps), it seems like the perfect time for a map art museum! So, come on down to res 4988, in the Southwest-most corner of town. We only have a few maps so far, but hope to grow as players donate their maps and create new ones!

To get there, you can do one of:
    • /v 4988
    • /v +mapart
    • /v +museum
    A few important notes:
    1) Currently, I plan to do things "Animal Crossing style". That means that if players want the museum to grow, we need map art donations.
    2) I will give 1000 rupees for valid donations that we don't already have. But, I will only accept maps coming either directly from the map's creator, or maps whose creators have not logged on in a very long time. In other words, don't donate other peoples' maps without permission.
    3) That said, if you know about a map we don't have that the creator might be willing to donate, feel free to let me know.
    4) This is only for SMP2. Maps cannot be properly transferred between servers, so I can't accept or display maps from any server but SMP2.
    5) I'm still not accepting requests to make map art. It's fun, but it takes a long time to do. If you have any questions about how to make map art though, I'd be happy to help.

Happy mapping!
  2. Here's a list of maps I'm currently looking for. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for them.
    • A Mardi Gras map on SMP2. I had no idea these even existed until today. Shout out to jewel_king for the info!
    • a Deadpool map, made by anthemsong Edit: Found
    • a "No..." map, made by MegHouse
  3. Today's additions, courtesy of xXBuffa1oXx:

Left: Batman logo
    Middle: Barrett M82A1
    Right: Mockingjay
  4. Definitely coming to check this out. May need an smp2 res.
    supereskimo and 607 like this.
  5. That's cool! I wonder how many of these there are. I imagine they take a lot of time to create!
    supereskimo and Tazri like this.
  6. These are really cool. I'll visit as soon as I can login.
    supereskimo and 607 like this.
  7. I just added 8 maps! Special thanks to ItsMeMatheus for letting me use them:

From left to right:
    • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • 4266 - The Mario Shop
    • 3015 - The Cow Hockey Arena
    • 3646 - The Pet Shop
    • Pizza Hat
    • Rad Bull
    • Happy Halloween - 2014
    • Merry Christmas! - 2014
    607 likes this.
  8. Hi all, I just added several more maps, from various creators. I'm still looking for copies of a few though...
    • a Deadpool map, made by anthemsong Edit: Found.
    • a "No..." map, made by MegHouse
    • a Mardis Gras map, made by EvilToade
    If you have one of these, I'll give you 1000r to make a copy.
    607 likes this.
  9. Gasp... I have the center and the right one already. I've had them for a couple of years I think. Now I know who I got them from... lol
    607 and supereskimo like this.
  10. Hey. This is MegHouse, just on my new account (because Minecraft decided to not help me gain access to my MegHouse account ;-;). I have a copy of the No map, as well as a few others you may be interested in adding.. Please pm on this account if you still play and are interested in them! :D