SMP1 Dragon Egg Weekend Home

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mystul, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ok, i guess you fail to understand.... and read...

the chanted stuff that you get.. is gonna be sold... and we talkign bout XP death... not overall death in MC... gosh.. 30 y/o and with that small judgement skills

keep discussing and defending somethign that's not being attacked here... guess thats smart
  2. FTR.. this was already suggested by the MAN himself... and I wont lie... I HAVE done this already once...

I beleive this is beside the point... The reason for the NOT loss of XP was to avoid issues with the new leaderboards...
    I for one love Acheivment Points... but not at the cost of the game...
  3. i'm not the one who fails to read or understand. I already told you, XP is easy to get with or without losing it when you die. the enchanted item market is not going to change because of this, it still requires time and effort to gather the xp in the first place. you just chose to disregard any arguments against your own opinion.

what is really the crux of this issue is that not losing XP when you die, means that other people are enjoying the game in a way you do not approve of. you are unable to compromise and demand everyone plays your game.

and don't start on the personal attacks, it just makes you look bad.
  4. losing "anything" when dying is SURVIVING to make it through...

not losing somethign when dying is NOT "SURVIVAL" is it?
  5. i would say survival is about not dying full stop, regardless of what you may or may not lose when you are magically reincarnated.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  6. Mystul! why o why did you give the egg for showcase on someones resident!
  7. We understand everyone might not be happy with the XP change. It made the most sense for what we wanted to do with XP and what we want to do with it in the future. I would like to point out that XP is not the only thing in the game. If you go out mining or to kill mobs with a diamond sword you cant just "die" to go back to the spawn, you would still drop everything you are carrying. So it is just like prior to 1.0. The XP is not labelled correctly in MC, it should be called a currency.

Our next non-smp server will be a insane difficulty server. When we start planning on this we will discuss it as a community. My goal with that is a super hard server that actually makes the survival part of MC difficult (people should cry in bed at night after playing it). Things that have been talked about (but of course not set in stone without a proper community discussion) are always night, double the mobs, all mobs on all worlds (ghasts in wilderness for example), acid rain, random spawn points, etc. I believe if we build this we can provide what the hardcore players want. And do not reply with anything about PVP you will be wasting your breath, the community has spoken time and time again and we will not be doing that, instead we will be coming up with more ways for players to work together in this apocalypse world.
    Malicaii12, AlexChance and Eclipsys like this.
  8. HARDCORE SURVIVAL! :D~!
  9. The egg wasnt his :) was mine

YES YES YES!
  10. If you have so many complaints about EMC why don't you find another server, or make your own?
  11. Decent idea...

However, I for one know J and J, appricate the comments, as long as they don't get personal - RaN *cough*

The point I'm making is this is the first time the game has been 'changed' from something EMC decided to do... AND it wasn't really a community discussion, like normal.

Now stop asking questions about it, so I can stop talking about it.

FYI - Thread can be locked - since it's off title topic now.
  12. wonder why im no longer a supporter and barely log on at all?