[Single Player] How to Change Your Username on any Minecraft Version (Windows)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Jay2a, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Hello! Today, I was looking through my Minecraft files, and figured out how to change my Minecraft username in ANY version of Minecraft.
    Please note that this only works on Windows and will not work on multiplayer. If you do end up changing your username like this, it "breaks" multiplayer, and you will not be able to get on at all unless you change your name back.

Also, sorry about the complete lack of sound. My recording software isn't that great, and I'm still looking for something better.

If I get more subscribers, I will be posting more videos, and will be posting them more frequently. I'm not begging for subscribers, but I have tons of free time on my hands and I know a lot about Minecraft and how it works. My two channels are Jim Jimson and x.Jay2a if you'd like to subscribe. That's all I have to say right now. If you have any comments, don't hesitate to post them.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. Nice Though
  3. What mods were you using when you did this? I'm always looking for new mods.
    Also, do you know if it works on LAN?
  4. I was trying to figure out a way to do this for multiplayer, but I was afraid of causing problems so I stopped.
    I have Ingame Info, Zan Minimap, Arrow Cam, Too Many Items, Damage Indicators, and a few other mods that don't work.

I haven't tested it on LAN worlds, because I can't even connect to LAN servers, for some reason.
  5. I knew this still had to be possible somehow! Back in 1.5, with the old launcher when it still was easy, I used this to log in as an admin and get access to operator commands :rolleyes: (not on EMC obviously)
  6. It's too bad it's still not that easy. I actually have figured out a way to do this on multiplayer, but to prevent trolling and problems, I figured it would be best to leave that part unsaid.
    607 likes this.