Show us your PC!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Faithcaster, Nov 9, 2013.

1. If it's a windows you probably got malware.
    i used to have a Windows, and it was sooooooo easy to get malware.
    Clicking on nearly anything can lead to it, and normally it's stealthy enough that Norton can't pick it up.
    I have my sister's old mac now ( Macbook pro, it's awesome :D) and it's great because they have built in virus protection.
    My uncle is a computer technician (it's convenient :D) so he got it out ok.
    It's an easy fix if they know what they are doing.
    Hope this helped :D
  2. Most people refer to PC as windows/linux/ubuntu/solis or something like that. Macs are considered.. macs :p
    mba2012, jkjkjk182 and cddm95ace like this.
  3. Windows 8 has built-in virus protection. It's much better than Apple's, because it's existed under a different name for about 10 years.
    If you game on a Mac, you're gonna have a bad time :p

It's been fine today. Hasn't been as hot, even when playing graphically intensive games *cough* Batman Arkham City *cough*, and it's been pretty quiet. Once I figure out how to open the damn fan compartment, i'm cleaning it out and buying a cooling pad.

Also, in England, it's been raining almost all through this month, and it's freezing cold too... I take a laptop out in that, i'm pretty sure it'll get frazzled :p
  4. I am not taking the side off, because it is a pain to get to. 8gb of RAM, i5-3570K 3.4ghz, 660 ti, and a 256gb SSD because SSDs are awesome.
    picture047.jpg
    picture051.jpg
    generalfelino015 and Faithcaster like this.
  5. Anyway, PCs are stereotyped as cheaper.
  6. I play minecraft and a few others games just fine.
  7. X-acto knife and tape (preferrably duct)?
  8. Considering that Apple hasn't recently referred to its products as PCs, and when they refer to PCs, they are talking about non-OSX systems, I wouldn't really consider a Mac a PC anymore.
  9. Marketing reasons. Imagine you having a Mac to yourself. Boom! Personal Computer (PC.)
  10. Does that make the computer that my family shares a Family Computer?
  11. Custom Sony Vaio E Series. I chosen some of the higher specs. You get to choose what you want on it so it is epic. Inter core i7 for the win :D

PS These pictures are not mine :p There are many versions of the E Series as it is so customisable but the main shape of it and big screen size is exactly the same in the photos as my real laptop, but looking at the stickers on the bottom image I can tell that the specs, speed and graphics of my laptop is ALOT better than the pictured :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. About how much is a lot?
  13. Through that logic, yes. In reality, no.
    Macs can't run games like the Batman Arkham series, Deadpool, Far Cry, Fallout *Bethesda ones, and also they can only run them on low* etc., though.

Also, with a broken Windows or Linux computer, you just have to replace a part. With a Mac, you have to buy a whole new Mac.
    I love Sony Vaios. Although, I don't like the look of them :p But they're still awesome and they're pretty good for gaming.
    FDNY21 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. i have one like that, mine is the pavilion g6
  15. Well for one, W8 sucks more than I can even explain in design and such. I have gamed on a Mac before, actually my first few months of EMC were on a Mac. I have a W7 right now and get around 30 fps on far render in most places. Malls usually take me down to ~20. On the Mac I used to get like 150 on far and ~130 at malls. It was way better IMO, but that's just me.
  16. Whether a not a Mac can run games is not because it's a mac. It's all about the tech specs. If I have a really powerful Macbook (the new one's have stats somewhat comparable to other gaming laptops) I can run games better than if I had a low performance PC, and visa versa. Given, this is all moot since most games simply aren't made to run on OS X. But, arguing that Mac inherently are better or worse at game performance is flawed. Let's not turn this into a Mac vs PC debate though, that's not what this thread is for.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. W8.1 isn't too bad. They fixed a lot of stuff in it.
    mba2012 and maxthegreat2 like this.
  18. I don't mean bugs, that's a whole other story. I meant the setup and such. Like a lot of things fail; don't fix it if it's not broke. They messed up something perfectly fine.
  19. The added back in the Start button and a few other core W7 aspects. That is what I meant by fix.
  20. In the end, the setup was still changed heavily from something nearly perfect. Don't fix it if it's not broke ;)