[Should I?}

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by NetherSpecter, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Should I remove it?

Yes 7 vote(s) 29.2%
No 15 vote(s) 62.5%
Do something else with it, post below. 2 vote(s) 8.3%
  1. So there's this (18312, SMP9)

It's kind of derelict but over 80% complete structurally. My question is should I or shouldn't I remove it?

I built it as a collaboration with some friends to kind of run a mall between the 4 of us. Unfortunately the other 3 have left EMC. Which I'm fine with they're free to do as they please. However this mall is much too big for someone such as myself to handle alone. It takes up 7 reses of mine that I could be using for community builds and other things.

I would take it down by hand of course (Too much materials to just reset it.) And that would take time. My Plan B kind of fell in on itself (community mall) due to the mistrust of the system I had placed in (Which is fine too but I found it to be the best way to keep everyone's items safe) so either post in the comments, or pick a poll. Cause if I don't remove it, it'll sit there but if I do I can do more. :) Either one works as I have other projects to turn to, but I do want to know what to do with this Iron Palace. Thanks. :)

NubtherSpecter and ShelLuser like this.
  2. I remember when I was with you guys on the server trying to help out. I still remember talking to all of you, it was a nice chat! Feels like such a long time ago! It'd be a shame to see the building go, but at the end of the day, it's up to you. Either carry on and use it for something, or just go for something else I suppose. Find yourself a challenge and head towards it :)
    NetherSpecter likes this.
  3. this place is massive

you sure you don't want to finish it out?
  4. It's beautiful! Maybe you could use it for something else? Put in some villager autofarms or make a drop party room or a scavenger hunt/maze area. I vote you repurpose it. :)
    Kytula and NetherSpecter like this.
  5. If you take it down, perhaps you could first do a world save or schematic of it just in case you want to rebuild or reference some feature of it in the future.
    NetherSpecter and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Maybe try to get a new group together to exploit this some more?
    Endermonkey42 and NetherSpecter like this.
  7. I've walked past that building quite a few times (because my res is near it)
    I've always wondered why such a huge structure is built, yet never used.
    Now I know the answer, but I would be sad if you tear it down, because of the time that must've been spent on it.
    I don't have an idea of what you should do with it, but please use it for something!
    ShelLuser, Kytula and NetherSpecter like this.
  8. invite other friends to help
  9. Instead of thinking of what you could do without the build. You could try and be positive and see what you could do with the build. Now, I have no clue what you could do (I'm not the most creative type) but, if you had the dedication to build this in the first place I'm sure you'll have some ideas.
    A simple idea could just to hire a team of people to help keep it restocked and updated. This would benefit you (overall profit as you could pay in percentages), the people you hire (their pay) and also the people you sell to (cause you'll have an amazing mall that people can trust).
    You have the hardware, design the software.

In the end it is all up to you. It's your decision when it boils down to it.

Good luck with whatever you do c:
  10. I have an idea of what to do with it. But it severely hinges on the community's participation...
    NubtherSpecter likes this.
  11. Do like a Museum :D
    Or..
    ... Yea a Museum!

12. Nah talked it over with Toade and thanks to him I've decided to run yearly redstone contests in it. And in it's downtime it'll serve some other purpose. :D Hopefully it'll come to fruition. :) Also Fedny already has his 18200 museum on SMP9. Wouldn't wanna disturb his wonderful build.
  13. I have some ideas
    NetherSpecter and The_Iron_Foxy like this.
  14. Awe no nether, keep building it :)
  15. Honestly, it looks really cool and has a lot of potential for better things ; I'm sure if you played your cards right you could make a new crew to run it with