[SERVICE] Miner For Hire

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Mirr0rr, Feb 4, 2014.

1. You know what I mean
  2. mine is 70r each at 8251
  3. I might crunch some numbers for you according to my costs doing it myself :)

I've had a couple offers via private message that I think are a little extreme. :)

I'll also post a quick vid somewhere on my mining ability. And perhaps that will change your idea of what is possible, and how much it will cost you. :)

A few quick number crunching points:
    1. One unbreaking 3 dia pick will produce aprox 1.5DC's blocks.
    2. One (silk touch 1, unbrekaing 3, efficiency 5) pick will cost 3 diamonds and 39 levels to repair.
    3. One unbreaking 3 shovel will also produce 1.5DC's Gravel/Dirt. and cost 30 levels + 1 diamond to repair (unbreaking 3, efficiency 4)
    4. My exerpience: mining out an area will produce aprox 3-4 parts picks DC's, to 1 part shovel DC's of blocks.
    5. 100 x 100 x 60 area Estimations:
    173 DC's - 15 DC's empy space/lava/water = 158 DC's.
    158 DC's * 4/5 = 126 DC's of pick blocks. ( 126 / 1.5 = 84 Picks/repairs)
    158 DC's * 1/5 = 32 DC's shovel blocks ( 32 / 1.5 = 21 shovels/repairs)

84 picks + 21 shovels = 84*3 + 21 = 273 Diamonds
    + 84 times level 39, and 21 times level 30 repairs.

And that isn't including the repairing of armor from dealing with rogue mobs. And excluding the rare chance of death and loosing everything to lava (which honestly doesn't happen to me that much, i'm too experienced, but I imagine would happen a lot to newbies).

Cost breakdown I can't do offhand. I'm not sure on average yield of various ores/minerals. And time cannot convert to fixed price, as it depends how you value your time.

I will time how long it takes me to mine a DC/SC of blocks, as I like actual proven calculations over estimation. But for now, I'd estimate I can mine 1 SC every 5-10 mins tops. That includes dealing with mobs, lava, holes, placing torches.
    So 158 DC's of blocks might take me 52hrs at most. I'm expecting it to take me much less. (And repairing tools, selling blocks etc would take more time).

This is a big project, but I like big projects. And it's small compared to some large projects I've done before. I use an alt to farm XP and repair/make tools for myself. And I can do that simultaneously to mining, jumping back and forth. If I had another player to assist me with that, I can complete the job faster.
    (Perhaps using Kell's repair service full-time would be an idea).

The sale of the blocks would generate a fair amount of money. More than enough to pay for repairs etc. With rupee's spare to cover other stuff you want to do. By the time I'm done building the farm (assuming Aikar's proposed changes to EMC don't break them), it will also generate unlimited income for years to come. And those who help build it, will benefit first from it with VIP access to farms.

The reason I am writing so much on this is with changes to group benefits coming, an organised mining expedition will be able to generate more resources than you can process. It'll take longer to offload the blocks than it'll take to mine them. So this 'discussion' will form a blueprint for future organised mining.