[SERVICE] Creating games for you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Jan 17, 2015.

?

What's your favourite gaming platform?

Something Sony. 3 vote(s) 6.7%
Something Microsoft (no pc). 5 vote(s) 11.1%
Something Nintendo. 2 vote(s) 4.4%
PC. 26 vote(s) 57.8%
Mobile (tablets and phones, no handhelds). 1 vote(s) 2.2%
Real Life. (Like, what? Real life? I'm wondering if anyone will even choose this...) 8 vote(s) 17.8%
  1. you could never be as bad as me...
  2. So you are making everything in the games? Music, graphics etc. Nice skillsets man :D If you made a game, would we be allowed to share it among friends ( not for selling obviously ). Or just for private use?

Oh and I'm lovin' the PC 'master race' poll results xD
  3. I may ask a friend to make the graphics for me, except if you don't mind terrible drawing skills xD (Honestly, I find it has its charm, but most people think my games have poor graphics)
    But yeah, I'll do the rest.
    The reason I'm doing this is that GameMaker is a unprofessional, but fun program to work with, and I would like to have a reason to get back to it. Because when I'd start a new project for personal use I would probably abandon it quickly, but if I'm making it for somebody else there's more reason to keep on going.
    You may definitely share it with everyone you want. In fact, it's like this: I'll ask you if you want it for personal use. If yes, I'll only share it with you, and you can share it with other people if you please. But after a year that personal use agreement stops. A year after sharing it with you, I'm allowed to do whatever I want with it, and can release it publicly, if it feels appropriate to me.
    I hope you don't mind that.
  4. Yes, that is indeed a no-go, I am not a professional of any sort, I'm just doing this to learn, make other people happy and have fun :p
  5. This sounds very interesting :cool: maybe, when I get some more rupees :)
    607 likes this.
  6. Thank you! What do you think you'd want? If you give me a short overview (genre being most important) I could already do research and practice a bit :)
  7. Could you make a hack for 3DS that allows you to get infinite play coins? I don't like the limit of 10 a day per 100 steps.
  8. Why do people ask stuff like this? :confused: I think I stated clearly enough that I can only create executables for Windows (and probably Apple or Linux).
  9. Sorry... :(
  10. Oh, don't feel bad :)
    It's just that I don't really want to put an incredible lot of time into something like Android, wii, 3ds, when I'm not even sure it'll be of much benefit. Windows is always quite popular, so that's why I focused on it.
  11. How about a game where the world is fractal-generated with random ores and trees, and you have an army of robots that you can program to gather those ores, construct storage buildings, etc... In the end, the material is used to build more robots and potentially there could be some type of enemy.

You could give robots simple instructions like:
    move to nearest copper
    mine
    move to nearest chest
    dump

Or more complex instructions like:
    store nearest copper as A
    if distance to A is greater than 10 then alert "Out Of Copper" and shut down
    store nearest enemy as B
    store (0, 0) as BASE
    if distance to B is less than 10 then alert "Enemy At Copper Mine" and move to BASE
    move to copper
    mine until full
    move to nearest chest
    dump until empty

The idea is that to start you would build simple programs just to get things going and as your robot empire grew, you would automate more and more tasks. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to keep up and would ultimately be defeated by the enemy robots.

To create a more general appeal, I want the programs to be english-readable. But also not ambiguous.

For example:
    'store nearest copper as A'

Is a structure 'store [VALUE] as [VARIABLE]'

[VALUE] can be any location on the map or number, and [VARIABLE] would be any predefined variable.

'nearest _' is a predefined function that searches around the robot to find the nearest tile on the map which matches the type 'copper'.

Anyways, this may be a big project for you so let me know if it's too much. :p
  12. Wow... I'm not sure if I'd be capable of doing such a thing, but it's certainly a good idea, thank you!
  13. I think this is a great service!

Can I have a example from what you made.
    607 likes this.
  14. Well, I haven't done something in a really long time (lack of inspiration) and that's why I'm doing this, so I can get back into it and see if GameMaker still has things in store for me.
    I could link you to my latest Ludum Dare entry: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-29/?action=preview&uid=31832
    There's a fatal bug in the last level that I did not manage to fix within the 48 hour span, but this is still a good example of something I can make in little time (if you don't know the concept of Ludum Dare, you need to make a game around a theme that is announced at the very start, and have 48 hours to make it, including graphics, music and of course code).
    Oh, and do not get thrown of by the graphics, because as I said, if you really want good graphics I can probably get a friend to do them for me (we're kind of like partners in game making, occasionally I compose music for him, and he designs graphics for me).
  15. Cool game!
    I like the way how you made this game.

I'll give it a try myself :) I hope I can make anything =P
    607 likes this.
  16. Ok, how about a shooter where you can choose from different looks, weapons, and earn buffs for games, on a 2D plain (Not terraria type 2D) and you can fight bosses, etc. I'll let you decide the rest!
    EDIT : Controls should be WASD or arrow keys to move, click the mouse to shoot weapon.
  17. for minecraft games, i loved "Villager Tennis" on the EMC Games xD, that was great.
    for Irl sports, i love baseball
    for platforms, i like xbox, but i prefer PC :)
  18. Hm, I'd rather stay away from shooters, sorry.