Server Teamspeak

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by YOU12MAEC, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Point was that mumble is completely free and can be hosted on our own infrastructure, and directly integrate into the EMC network...

TS gives us no advantages over that.
  2. It's not worth the loss of features to use mumble - Mumble doesn't have half the stuff Teamspeak has and Teamspeak has everything mumble has.
  3. Primary needs of a voice chat server:
    1) The Ability to Speak
    2) The Ability to categorize topics and segment chatters
    3) Administration

Mumble provides all of those very well. Everything else is unneeded fluff. Interfaces are not needed to be complex, as primary use is to minimize the window after connecting and forget about it.
  4. Teamspeak provides it even better then mumble.
  5. Feel free to use the LZBZ TS. It's free for everybody, just hop in to the Minecraft channel.
    Check out the information at the LZBZ site for information on the TS server:
    http://lawlzbrawlz.com/
  6. I have my own TS server thank you XD I'm currently talking to friends in 3D surround sound (We both have 3D microphones)
  7. I would not want that, that adds zero benefit to conversation between 2 people =P

Where 3d comes into play is positional audio based on in-game location, which is a feature mumble boasted when it first came out. TS probally has it now, but that has been 1 of mumbles key initial features.

It's not worth argueing over. Connect to whatever, but last justin talked on this he was leaning towards mumble too.

They all have pro's and cons, just have all 3 and connect where ever you need.

My server will remain up and be free. going home now
  8. Well - Whatever, Teamspeak beats Mumble end of story, I will go enjoy my Siri quality Disconnect/reconnect message not some robot that you can barely understand.
  9. You stick to windows, Aikar will stick to Ubuntu. Ubuntu is faster and better for Aikar's job, Windows might be for yours. I use Mac for modelling, Ubuntu for some coding, and Windows for the rest of the coding and testing for my Minecraft mod and my customized bukkit :p

Also, I like Mumble. But I like teamspeak aswell.
  10. it'd be awesome with an official emc voice server
  11. Teamspeak is the chat server most minecraft players use and most likely always will. There are non-profit licences usable and most mumble servers are inactive...
  12. We currently don't have a teamspeak or any voice service, We also don't really like it when someone bumps a thread that's over 4 months old.
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. If you had been bothered to read the whole thread you would find a voice chat link in the second post. Owned by a Senior Staff.
  14. lol you posted before i could even refresh after editing my post...
    EDIT: also thats mumble not ts..
  15. Teamspeak offers free 'non-profit' licences, correct. But EMC makes money, so even if we did decide to take the TS route, it costs money just because it would be an added feature to a money generating entity. So, we could not use the non-profit licences, which are free and limitless for those that do wish their own.
  16. I know I am bumping but:

Aikar, What happened to the Client Mod that d1223m was making for EMC?
    Also if it eventually gets released is there a way to have In game voice chat?
  17. PM me, im to lazy xD
  18. i heard he has a life, and stopped making it, and i dont think there will EVER be an in-game voice chat for MC
  19. josh, if you'd run your server more, i'd join :rolleyes:

found my adapter, so no echoes....