[SERVER HELP?!?!] How to port forward my server so players off my internet can join my events!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by CraftyCosmic, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I do not know how to port forward my server so I can allow you to partake in my events!

How? I know it's different for each router, and i'm too lazy to put my router info here... :oops:
    Okay...
  2. I've also needed help with this, thanks for posting the thread :D
    Ethy202 likes this.
  3. bump pls help
  4. Just look on youtube. There are hundreds of tuts on port forwarding. You will also need your Router info, and admin access to the router to allow traffic, as well as a very powerful computer and fast internet upload and download.
    Ethy202 likes this.
  5. There is "one size fits all" kind of solution here. As you mentioned yourself: it depends on the type of router, one router can do this completely different than the other.

It all boils down to "NAT" ("Network Address Translation") or "Open ports".

For the best results you'd need to forward port 25565 (see your server.properties file) to the computer which is running the server. Still... For security reasons it might be safer to use another port and then tell people about that. Because if you don't then you could risk attracting unwanted guests. Even if you never advertised your server!

On a so called "modded server" which uses plugins such as WorldGuard or GriefPrevention (or even better: CoreProtect) this wouldn't be too much of an issue because random players can't break stuff. But on vanilla....

So it might be a good idea to use something else, then advertise your server as: localhost:25585 (for example).

Whatever you do, please be careful that you don't open too many ports. Because that's basically how attackers could get in.

Note: also keep in mind that you should never advertise your server in public!

Still hope that this can help a bit.
  6. I’ve completed this, so I am requesting a closing of the thread.. If you need help, don’t be like me and make a thread. You have Google and Youtube at your disposal.
  7. Closing by Op request
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.