Server Growth

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Evvz, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Smp3 is awsome!!! Ive been here my entire Emc "career". Yes it is lonely, but ive tried many times to move some where else, but i could not! The people here are too good to leave :D
    I will always love smp3, even if i am the only one on!!!
  2. Me too!!! lol!
  3. There's nothing to worry about, it is much better. :)
  4. Sometimes I like to go on Smp3 at night when no players are on and yell at the ghosts that once lived.
  5. the amount of people online hasnt changed @op, there were less servers when you signed up so now they are more "evenly distributed" personally i joined smp6 because it was quieter and lacked all the hustle bustle begging and newbies that 1, 2, 5, and 9 possess. not that theres anything wrong really with those things i just prefer a calmer town experience. also throwing events bring people to your server ive thrown two drop parties on smp6 and got a slow trickle of people moving over from it. when all this update flim flam is solved someone should build some kind of event thing to bring people over, like darkliz's spleef, or mobarena, or /fun or even the graveyard. a good build will bring people more then any kind of mod intervention
  6. Let's just say what brings players to smp2 is the..... entertainment....
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  7. dont be so modest, everyone comes for you cordi!
  8. 2013-05-18_08.07.03.png
  9. I can understand that smp2 drama can draw some attention, but I'm not sure if this is to the liking of the majority. :D

I think friendly and reasonable people to play with is the biggest attraction.
    When the community is enrichment ... not a corset.
    Working on a project together is the best way to get to know someone and make friends...

There are (among other factors) three distinguished limiting factors on EMC:
    - the objective average maturity
    - the perceived average maturity
    - and the assumed immaturity
    :)

Perhaps EMC could employ professional educator for the kids who need it.
    The bill goes to the parents, of course. :)

In addition to that ...
    simple insult $5
    major insult $10
    minor griefing $7.50
    major griefing $15
    minor stealing $12
    major stealing $25
    ;)
  10. Seriously... some servers actually do similar to that...
  11. theres drama on smp2?
  12. A: smp2 is dieing, all my friends are gone or banned, life has no more sense for me
    B: wait, don't go, I am your friend
    A: I will log out now and never come back
    B: please don't, please stay, what shall I do without you?
    ... (goes on for 5 min) ..
    A: good bye everyone
    A disconnected
    A joined, last seen seconds ago
    B: I'm leaving for ever
    A: why, you just told me to stay
    B: all my friends are gone, now you're leaving, no one wants to play with me
    A: I came back, I'll play with you
    B: There's no sense in life
    ... (goes on for another 5 min) ...
  13. was sarcasm lol
  14. Seriously, this is business with great future.
    If I ever stop playing MC and decide to run a server, it will be minecraft-kindergarten.com ;)
    When it sucks up all the kids, EMC will become grief-free server for best players.
    Then I'll probably start to play MC again - on EMC of course. :D ;)
  15. I think you underestimate adults. Griefers come in all ages and sizes.
  16. *looks at Cow's profile pic*
  17. I know a midget ... Bet he's a griefers
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. *looks at jack looking at Cow's profile pic*
  19. I need other players to be entertaining, I'd go crazy(er) if I was just talking to myself.
  20. Actually, I'd say its likely going to be LONGER, but its less maze and more informational/interactive/display.

Griefers are still going to end up in a grief free town and disconnect - or end up in a frontier with nothing built near spawn (that isnt already griefed), and a wastelands with no buildings either.

Our server is pretty boring for griefers, so only the determined ones would be able to do anything, and with the massive size of the frontier.... its hard to find something to grief easily..

We can have both. We will ensure we have an adequate staff size to match growth.

We want to ensure we get all the quality players we can, during our join experience, as its easy to get rid of a bad apple, but its impossible to win back a quality player who did not complete our join experience....
    Choongjae likes this.