Seasons debate

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Feb 4, 2018.

1. 1: What is your favorite season?
    2: What is your least favorite season?
    3: What's your second favorite season?
    4: Why do you like/dislike your (least) favorite season(s)?
    5: What months do you personally classify into each season?

I would love to hear your answers to all of these questions. Here's mine:

1: Spring
    2: Autumn
    3: Summer
    4: I like Spring because I like frogs, ants, and flowers, and prefer green trees. I dislike Autumn because my allergies then are worse than in the Spring, I hate when the leaves change colors, and I have to deal with my allergies even in January, June, and July.
    5: I go by the meteorological definition of a season (look it up if you're very curious about the different season definitions, or click here for a thread about that), so for me:
    • Spring lasts from March 1 to May 31.
    • Summer lasts from June 1 to August 31.
    • Autumn lasts from September 1 to November 30.
    • Winter lasts from December 1 to February 28 (29 on leap years).
    SkeleTin007 and CinemaSins like this.
  2. My favorite season has to be summer. My least favorite is winter. Second favorite is spring. I don't like winter because sometimes having a blizzard can be very dangerous when people drive. Spring usually starts March 21 and goes into May 21. Summer is from May 21 to August 21. Autumn is August 21 to November 21. And Last winter is from November 21 to March 21.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Bump, and happy Valentine's Day everyone!
  4. Bump! Just one week until the first month of Meteorological Spring!
  5. 1. Autumn, Winter, and Spring
    2. Summer
    3. n/a
    4. Because I'm a poet and a writer, I'm usually in hibernation metaphorically in the Summer. I can't really write anything if everything is the same for 3 months. The only thing about summer is punk music, going to the park and warped tour. For autumn, spring, and winter, there is color, sadness, happiness, and rebirth. But if I were to write for summer, it would be happiness that would turn into monotony.
    5. I'm picking peak months for seasons.
    Winter-January
    Spring-May
    Summer-August
    Autumn-November
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. 1: Winter
    2: Summer
    3: Autumn
    4: Winter has everything. The only thing summer has is no school. ;)
    5: December-February, March-May, June-August, and September to November
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. 1: What is your favorite seasons?
    • Summer, cause it's warm and sunny
    2: What is your least favorite season?
    • Winter, cause it's snowy and cold
    3: What's your second favorite season?
    • Fall, cause it can still be warm and the leaves change color.
    4: Why do you like/dislike your (least) favorite season(s)?
    • I like the warmth and the color changes.
    • I dislike the part were it gets colder and the leaves fall cause then the gutters need cleaned out.
    5: What months do you personally classify into each season?
    • May-September = Summer, September-November = Fall, November-February = Winter, March-May = Spring.
    • I know some of those overlap but because it's like changes near the beginning or end of the month into a new season.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  8. But---Like... Why do you like Fall more than Spring if you dislike cleaning leaves out of the gutter. ;)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. That does, however, leave March as neither Winter nor Spring, and December as neither Autumn nor Winter. So, could you please clarify with those two?
  10. Cause Spring starts out cold and still the gutters need cleaned again after the trees drop all the little helicopter seedlings. At least it's warm in the spring when cleaning the gutters. The leaves don't fall until November making it really cold when cleaning the gutters cause it's all usually wet from rain in the late Fall.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Do like mowing the lawn or raking leaves more?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  12. I don't really have favourite whole reasons, but I do have favourite half seasons...

I really like mid winter, when it's at its coldest. It's really nice, especially when it snows! I love wearing cosy clothes, and everything's so pretty after a frost.
    I don't have a particular dislike for one season, but I don't really like early summer, with all the bees and wasps about.
    My second favourite season is late spring, because the flowers look so nice and it's all green again, and not too rainy.

I classify my seasons as:
    Winter: Dec-Feb, Spring: Mar-May, Summer: June-Aug, Autumn: Sep-Nov
    We3_MPO likes this.
  13. I like mowing the yard and mulching the leaves. I never rake them unless the tractor can't get them.
    q1zx and We3_MPO like this.
  14. Bump! Still curious to see your opinions! :)
  15. 1: Summer. 2: spring 3:Fall 4: Its gloomy,and it rains a lot. 5: ?
    We3_MPO likes this.
    1. Winter: Snow is nice, the cold is better.
    2. Summer: Rain is mediocre, the heat is worst.
    3. Fall: The weather is nice, nature is beautiful.
    4. Gave you some reasons.
    5. The normal way.
    We3_MPO and q1zx like this.
  16. Favorite is fall cuz of the rain.

2nd favorite is winter cuz of the snow.

3rd favorite is spring because of slightly less rain.

Least favorite is summer because the heat can go heck itself.
    We3_MPO likes this.