sadness

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pat2011, Apr 13, 2012.

1. You have no idea of the context of the situation that caused the original post. Declaring it as "probably a joke" is not taking the post seriously. Like saying that verbal bullying and teasing is only words and probably a joke, so don't worry about it.
    I would disagree. There are many things they could do to be worse parents, but that's not the point. Look up "poor self esteem" on Google and you will see the harm psychological abuse can do.
  2. Any parent that calls their child a loser, even jokingly, is a bad parent for two reasons:

1 - The child may take it to heart, even if it's followed with laugher and 'only joking'

2 - They're teaching that child that it's okay to insult someone, even if only jokingly. How many times has someone said something jokingly which still hurt?

-Edited:

Your age on your profile says '22'. So in this instance, I say to you to man up and deal with it. I thought for a second you were a minor, but it appears not. Figure out why they called you a loser and address it.
    sagem4tt likes this.
  3. I obviously know nothing about psychological abuse! I'll go look it up.
  4. Pat, I understand how sad you must be, but an online community full of gamers isn't the plcae to go for this.
  5. No just listen here. Some great advice about this. When someone calls you a name and it hurts your feelings. Hurt them back. Its really that simple or you can just deal with it and realize the only one you can be sure that cares about you is yourself.
  6. Revenge should never be an option. Imagine if everyone got revenge for every little thing done wrong to them. We would live in a world of anger and spite if that were the case. So I believe the best thing to do in this situation is be the better man and walk away otherwise you would be stooping to their level and be no better than they are. Also, saying that you are the only one that you know cares about you is not true. I know that I for one care about every living soul on this planet and I know I'm not the only one. Sure I may not like/agree with some people I meet in life, but that doesn't mean I don't care about their general well being.

Don't let someone calling you names get you down(even if they are your parents), keep your head held high, and continue on toward your goals in life knowing that you can shrug little things like that off and be a better person for it :)
  7. I did have the or in there. You can get revenge or let them think what they think.
  8. Ah I thought you were giving an option between revenge OR
    I thought that entire second part was the second option, not just the 'dealing with it' part
  9. I know what you mean, but this is the "Miscellaneous" topic, where anything can be posted :)
  10. Ah, didn't notice that, just saw this is in "Recently Active Threads" sorry for the confusion. :)
    AlexChance likes this.
  11. Watch the love guru the message in that its really powerful and made me a stronger person (seriously) as well as it being a good film