Russia Invades Ukraine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Chizmaro, Mar 1, 2014.

1. I went onto how the standard weapons the US and UK use just don't have the punch to be that effective against armoured troops such as the russian army...
  2. Do you not know of armor piercing rounds? Besides, will both sides not be equipped with same tier gear, or would the Russians be packing a bigger paunch and withstanding much more firepower?
  3. Armour Piercing still has it's drawbacks but I get your point it helps allot. And the Russians have a wide range of service weapons ranging from the 5.45 to a 7.62, so in some cases they'll be to a disadvantage but in others they'll have far more punch... now obviously there's always other factors when it comes to guns... it's not just the round but my wider point is in a war in Ukrainian Russia is at such an advantage it's unreal, they'll always have more men, they'll always have more tanks, they'll always have more jets.... it's Pure numbers too. thought strangely I don't think Russia the US the EU or anyone will go to war... its just too expensive.
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Good point, Russia needs the money from the oil and gas as well. So many people think WWIII is just around the corner due to the tension between these nations, although, most nations are in an economic crisis, America, for one, has invested too much money into their military, whether that's research or better equipment for their soldiers, I don't know.
  5. He's saying the British aripower is lacking, the west can't do anything. Putin holds the cards. EU depends on Russia, and are in debt. United States won't risk it. Ukraine's military is nothing compared to Russia. On the topic, a Ukrainian diplomat was found dead in Ukraine.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  6. Basically, nobody wins, if war begins.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  7. At this Age any war between the "Super-Countries" Like USA, Russia, Japan and others... Would be a total lack of humanity and sanity, Almost everyone now has a nuke this days, the war this days would be madness, the would be short, 'Mericans and Russians have been prepared for it since cold war so...

Too expensive, Too short, Too catastrofic and finaly so, so, so STUPID. That would be WWIII
  8. Lemme Just Say... Its With DarkJWolf's Post
    Most Countries Just Have Loads And Loads Of Nukes So If War Comes, They Just Fire Them And No-One Wins
  9. Everyone thinks WWIII is around the corner any time any nation starts having talks. But as I've said before, there will not be a Third World War, because everyone will die. And that's the last thing, even the attacking nations wants.
  10. No matter what in war, nuclear weapons will never be used, because when one country uses them all the other 6 countries with them fires them at them... also the UK wont do anything to Russia, because well we get ALLOT of our Gas from them and as a country we cant continue without it...
    Russia doesnt need to oil or gas.... oh they'd love to have it but they don't actually need it.
  11. As a bit of an FYI, I don't see any Western power stepping in military wise.