Resource Pack Reccomendation for 1.12

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by kif1, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Hello!

So I have actually not really played minecraft at all much since 1.8.9 came out. At that time I was using the resource pack Hyperion HD which I really liked for it's bright vibrant colours and beautiful textures!

Well fast forward to 1.12... I've been unable to find a resource pack that's quite like Hyperion HD for 1.12.. Either the ones I am finding are too dark, or don't look very nice to me.

Can anyone recommend a good, bright, vibrant, and "realistic" looking resource pack for me to try?

Regards!

Kif
  2. Well.. I'm biased (aren't we all) but I took quite a liking to Lithos:Core also often referred to as Lithos Faithfull. I never liked any texture/resource packs which heavily diverted from the default looks, but for some reason the well known Faithfull pack also never cut it for me (I tried it a few times, also removed it just as many times).

Anyway, I wrote a small review in which I also showcased the differences between vanilla & lithos, check this out:

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/i-discovered-a-texture-pack-lethos-faithfull.69984/

Maybe it can give you some ideas. Note: most packs are at its best when used in combination with OptiFine.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  3. Well I can see why you like this texture pack! It's pretty nice, I must say, even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for!

Also, OptiFine is interesting! I had seen it mentioned before but had never looked into it.

Thanks!
  4. I personally use a 1.8 PVP pack that i just put in a Default inventory. it works well. and i like it. i also use my own personal pack. i can probably get a download for both if your interested. NOTE: my personal one is a barley edited default pack. and the pvp one i use doesnt have vibrant colors if that is what you like.
  5. Thanks for the offer! I really do prefer nice vibrant colours, though. Lithos Faithful is a good compromise for me for now, since with OptiFine I can now fine-tune so many things!
  6. I use Lithos too. I've tried a lot but it is the only one I have actually stuck with for any extended period of time.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. I felt the same way about Hyperion HD! I used it from 1.6 and on.
  8. I think the risk with most resource packs is when building you aren't sure how your build actually looks in vanilla. Something that looks great with Lithos on might not look good with out it.
  9. i have a trash computer, like so trahs, my game crashes at 32x32 packs, are their any good packs with the accomidation?