[Resolved] Possible Bug? Pistons not working..?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by fadedmartian, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Hello. I have a old "block-update" automatic farm that I use on one of my res's on SMP8, and I have a island in the frontier that I also wish to use the same design, yet when the melons grow and update the block in front of the pistons, the melon blocks aren't broken. This seems to be a new issue only outside of town, as I had the exact same issue in the nether. Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks!
    Fadedmartian.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Send a pm to Aikar and invite all other devs.
  3. Are you the only one who build this farm? Thing is: the new block protection (Anti-Grief) can interfere with redstone circuits the every moment different players build on it. Simply because of the protection scheme in place. I don't know if that applies here, but figured I'd mention.

I'll try to reproduce this thing, then we'll know if this could be a bug or not.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. Suggestion , switch the restaone torch out for an obsevror block, and add a piece of redstone dust to the the top of the observer block, should fix yor problem. :)

Hope this helps.
    NuclearBobomb and ShelLuser like this.
  5. This is not a server bug, so I don't think you should try contacting the developers over this. I tried to reproduce and well:

So right now my theory is that anti-grief is affecting your build.

(edit) If this is the issue then you got Cube up there to thank for it:

If the redstone torch is supposed to trigger the pistons then there is a bug involved here but only one in the design. Unless you're using a BUD switch of some sort (I can't see, I don't recognize the design) then this isn't going to work. The torch will never power the pumpkin block, it only powers blocks above or directly next to it.

So yeah, I have a new theory: it could very well be a design flaw. Definitely look into observer blocks. (note: be sure to use a repeater set to 2 ticks to delay the signal a bit).
    cubefragment likes this.
  6. Use observers.
    alena1 and cubefragment like this.
  7. This is what doesnt make sense... i was the only one who built it and even on the island i was the only one who built on the island..

Like i said in the OP I used this same exact design on 16206 on smp8 and im still replicating it more as we speak and it works fine... that makes me wonder what could be the issue here lol
  8. If the same design works in town then the only answer is anti-grief is stopping you.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. Could also be a design that only works one way. Lol. Try to make it face the same as the one in town.
  10. I know that model. You have to put a block on top of the torch.
  11. Oh my gosh xD I forgot about that part. Thank you so much! :D
    Cardman142 likes this.
  12. haha no problem :p
    FadedMartian likes this.