Resik's Tomb Translation Request! [Arabic -> English]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sazukemono, May 8, 2017.

1. As you may know, there is a graveyard on SMP1 which houses some interesting tombs. One of these is a tomb with English signs proclaiming it to be the tomb of an unknown dragon. I'm 99% sure it's Resik.

On the other side, there are signs in Arabic. I'm good with languages, but I need help on this one.

Link to full-size image.

I tried the easy way out, by using google translate's camera recognition feature, but it's not supported for Arabic. Then I tried to draw the letters... and, well. Arabic is not a strength of mine. I could only get gibberish, no matter how carefully I tried to copy them. I heard that someone had already done a translation, but I couldn't find anything here on the site.

Any good information you can share would be awesome! Whether it be the translation from before, that person's name, or your own translation attempt, it's all good. In the grand scheme of things, this is fairly insignificant, but I'm interested in our Empire's Lore, and my writer's soul won't let me leave it alone.

P.S. - If you're interested in seeing the original, go to /v graveyard on smp1, and go down as far as you can. I used the trapdoors as easy ways to get down, but don't go through the ones with water beneath them, you'll get stuck. Once you get to the large lagoon under the catacombs, you'll be in the right room, but without Elytra and Rockets, you won't be able to get to the upper dais where Resik's Tomb actually is. There's no convenient ledge to start gliding from, so just use the water trick to launch yourself into the air without a ledge and rocket your way up.

There's probably a way to navigate the catacombs and get there without Elytra, Rockets, or trapdoors, but I don't know it, and probably wouldn't be able to nav you through them via forum post anyway.

((Alternatively, make a group member go there ahead of you and just gtp to them ^_~*))
    607, _Devil__ and ChickenDice like this.
  2. 607 likes this.
  3. Those signs are jibrish and that's coming from Krysyy.
  4. I remember a bunch of us translated it a while ago... it was something about a curse.
  5. :D i should have known it would be something so simple i missed! XD It looks like you went down there and took this just for me :p thanks :D

These two seem to be mutually exclusive so... How about I just make it my head-canon that the original writers of these signs (in lore, not the builders in game) meant for it to be a warning of a curse, but the language it was written in is now a lost & dead language and therefore reads as gibberish.

Until I get more reports one way or another, this is what I shall do. :)
    NuclearBobomb and 607 like this.
  6. I know the legit way down, check the passages near krysyy's tomb.