Residents Beware! Animal Theft Exploit in Town

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zomberina, Jan 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I'm very disturbed to find all my high speed animals are magically gone from my res on smp3 #6201. There are ZERO perms to do this. So, two things come to mind. This is really upsetting.
    I don't think I was hacked personally because more would have been taken. My containers are untouched. This screams exploit. My horses were 127, 129, 130, and 133. My llamas were all in the upper 120s. I have a donkey gone to that was 126.
    This was very selective. I'm turning off move to the free honey farm property since it seems they only took animals. Really need help figuring this exploit out. For me, this is a huge loss. I'd hate to see how others have been exploited. Stable your animals, peeps!

And yes, I did report this to SS. Just a heads up to others to be aware things can happen sometimes in town.
    EfficiencyV and nick92461 like this.
  2. Seems dangerous. We have scenarios:
    -First is expolit. Minecraft is a buggy game, where everyone can expolit any bug to make benefit for themselfs
    -Second, hack client. Chest stealer in hacked client sometime can bypass res perms as example.
    -Third, abusive staff. (Staff can enter any plot regardless about perms, even set them move false)
    -Fouth, Your account is hacked or compromised. Be careful when purchase account from third party sites. Never leave password easy to guess or leave it to public.
    Use "2989ijw998i3op0*^÷¥¥$*£1×£23==" for unbreachable pass as example
  3. Def someone exploiting. Why would my low end llamas remain? Staff confirmed no unexpected logins during the times I specified.
  4. Maybe you should try use vault/stable to store fast speed horse
  5. I am from now on. Just sad and I hope we catch the person.
  6. so, remove fouth scenarios
    only 3 left
  7. Even if someone did steal them, they would not be able to breed or ride them I believe, and don't they eventually tp back to their owners res?
  8. yea, i hope so. Emc have tons of rights for player, but some may abuse them and result loss of dedicated players
  9. bug expolit or hacked client make possible
    Or if they're in waste/wild, you can request chickeneer to find it out
  10. I'm thinking they'll sell them. There are plenty of players who want level 133 + horses just to have them and could care less about breeding. Either way, what's done is done.
  11. And if the individual IS reading this. I would totally not say a word if you would just give them back. There is a hopper in my shop entrance at +missz on smp3. Please just toss them in there and no harm no foul.
  12. They can't egg them if they don't own it so how would they sell it?
  13. next time u should egg that horse and store it in ur vault page
  14. I know one sure fire way to get animals out of my pens. Won't share here because it'll encourage. But I have my eye out for the behavior.
  15. I'll stable because I was breeding them. Some of the ones stolen were meant for my Storage Wars event on the 7th. Just sad.
  16. just take it to the other res. Once off property, I think you can lead them wherever. The buyer may not realize they eventually come back to me.
  17. Oh, I never buy third-party. I own all five of my accounts legitimately.
  18. I'm surprised that they targeted your horses instead of the big farm ones that are well-known but rarely visited by the owners. They're less likely to be caught if they steal from a public res, where no one will question missing things for awhile.

For this reason, I don't think they were targeting your horses. They might've been targeting you.
  19. I am closing this thread to reduce mass hysteria over an unproven theory about an exploit.

There has not been any evidence presented to the devs that there is an existing exploit with horses and any other animals for that matter. We are continuing to investigate this though, so not dismissing out of hand.

If you know something that we don't, send a message on over. https://pmdev.emc.gs/
    If there were an exploit, it shouldn't be something explained publicly to prevent someone from exploiting it before we can get it patched.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.