[Residence Build] t6ler's Residence Rennovation Log

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by t6ler, Jan 22, 2018.

?

What should go inside the castle tower?

Alchemist's Lab 4 vote(s) 57.1%
Library 3 vote(s) 42.9%
Smithy 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other (Leave suggestion) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hey all!
    Don't know if you've seen me here much on the forums, but I'm t6ler (just call me t6, Tyler, whichever you choose).

Anyway, I've been here for quite a while (Since August of 2011) and as of the past year or two haven't been active much besides jumping on occasionally and checking the forums once in a while.

Well I've decided to get back into Minecraft in general, and what better place to come back to?

So... to the point of this post.
    My residence (currently 646 on smp1) has not changed much at all in the past few years. It's only my second residence after my first was reset years ago.

To be honest, it's pretty bland and old school, having not been updated with any new block types or placements, and when I built most of it, I was not the best at design.

So the big plan for me is to completely renovate it while keeping the basic look of it, for nostalgia.

I've already begun adding to a few buildings, mainly my wooden tower.

For now, I'll just post the before pictures.

The central archways:

The Wooden House (I have already started on this one)

My Antiquated Shop:

The Castle Tower and its floors:

My Promo Vault (There's a lot hoarded away in here, all the way from 2013)

This weird room right under the center tree of my res:

And finally, some antiquated farms (Some were actually more recent):

(By the way, anyone interested in a DC of cactus?)

So, how will I fund a complete makeover of a residence?
    If you noticed, I mentioned a promo vault which contains some pretty valuable promotional items,
    including a Flaming Mob Launcher.
    I may or may not eventually sell off some promos, if need be, as they've been sitting for years unused, collecting virtual dust.
    If it's not obvious, I've decided to keep a thread of the build, just as a kind of before and after.
    I'm not sure how long it will take, or if it will ever be "done", but it gives me something to do in between classes and whatnot.
    Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this monstrosity of a post!
  2. Update On Some Parts:

So far I've remodeled the main archways into something with a bit more detail. What do you guys think?

I've also reworked my Promo Vault to include previews of all of my Promo Items!

So far so good. Will update as I go along!
    MoreMoople, NDubb424 and Eviltoade like this.
  3. I really like the main archways :) I'll check it out in game tonight!
    Tuqueque and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Another Update:

That ugly, bland shop is no more!

The Remains

Before deconstruction
    After Demolition

The New and Improved Micro Shop

While it's not quite finished, I think it's a whole lot better!
    The shop will mostly contain food items that I grow on my residence. I don't think I could manage anything bigger!

And finally, a little update on the castle tower interior!

The New Library

That's only one of four total floors furnished. Will keep this updated on how that goes.

Thanks for reading! Will continue updating!
    MoreMoople likes this.
  5. Nice! the library looks really cool ;)
    Patr1cV and MoreMoople like this.
  6. Yet even more Updates!

I decided to improve on the tree in my castle tower, mainly by making it go through the entire tower.

The New Tree

I also finally decided to excavate the lower half of my residence to give more room to build. Not sure what to put there yet, but I have a few ideas.

The New Cavern

TNT is a handy tool!

And Finally... More Trees!

Overall I just added more detail and created more space. Thanks for reading!
    MoreMoople likes this.
  7. Update on the build: A (Sort of) New Addition!

I've been wanting to do this ever since my first residence was reset years ago.
    A few days ago, I decided to dig out the bottom layers of my residence for a larger construction project. I had a few ideas thrown around, but in the end I decided this.

I rebuilt (from a schematic and with the help of the mod Schematica) my original residence, block by block, exactly how it was last time it existed on EMC. All underground, right under my current residence.

Why?
    Because I might be crazy. And a bit nostalgic.

Anyway, here's some pictures ( It's accessible by teleport on my residence on smp1, /v 646)

The Entrance

The Interior

Older enchantment table setup, when you needed all these bookshelves for level 30 enchants.

The Old Shop

The Farm Castle

A portal to an Old, Old Friend's long lost residence...

The Storage Sheds

And Finally, the Fountain of Gratefulness

This one has an old story tied with it. I won't go into detail, at least here.

Anyway, this project, while may not be the best looking, holds a lot of memories from my time on the Empire. I've always wanted to bring this old residence back to life on EMC.

As always, Thanks for reading!
    haastregt likes this.
  8. Really like the build!!! I will visit in my free time :))
  9. Update on Plans
    So I've made a few big additions to my residence, mainly adding an ENTIRE level of flat grass above it as well as a new statue floating above everything at the highest point.

Now, the biggest problem is figuring out what to do with all of the newly acquired real estate...

The New Floating Island

Here's the statue of someone... (This might be going to my head :p)

Anyway, that's all I have... for now. With the area of about 3 town residences (the old res, the current one, and now the floating island above everything), I'm trying my best to use up all the space I have.

Any ideas on what to build on the floating island are appreciated and welcomed!

Thanks for reading!
    haastregt likes this.
  10. Not sure if you take suggestions, but maybe you could make the floating platform more... natural shaped. Or you could make it look like those cool floating islands some people make.
    haastregt likes this.
  11. What is that pack you got? I like the textures and your designs are really nice.
  12. That's a good idea! I was planning on doing something with the flat bottom of the platform. Right now I just wanted to get a base. Also, I'm always open to suggestions! :)

Thanks! The pack is an older one called Coterie Craft. I absolutely love it as it doesn't change the look from the default pack drastically.
    haastregt and MajorHaze like this.
  13. I gave it a shot at making the island look more like a floating island. Took a lot of stone but I think it looks half decent!

Let me know what you think!
  14. Still looks somewhat too "squareish." Is that a word? Its looks much better than before and i love it so far. maybe on the edges you can add grass/dirt blocks dangling off, or on the underside you can put some dangly thingys. i'll check it out when i have time
  15. So far I made it into more of a point at the bottom (don't have a screenshot yet). I was thinking about rounding it off on the corners, but not sure on that as I still need to figure out what to put on it. I do want to eventually have a "trail" of something like glowstone in the middle along with some vines or something. I'll post whatever I decide to do :) Thanks for the suggestions!