Remote Shop signs broken?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by bralukwie, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Noticed today. Some stopped working or would say "couldnt find a chest" or say the chest is empty when it isn't and cannot place new.
  2. Yeah, I haven't made a public statement yet. Someone reported this to me yesterday. I am trying to work on the issue. It is going to require a debug update to see what data is there. I have not been able to reproduce the issue on my local test server hence the delay on putting a fix in.

I have confirmed that the custom items (the remote shop signs) are still there. Something with the shop detection is screwed up. Best case scenario I can fully restore them, worst case scenario the signs have to be re-linked to their chest. Unfortunately it is going to take a couple days to sort out which scenario we are in.
  3. Okay. We are in best case scenario. The Shop location is still there! The code which says whether the sign is a remote shop sign is not working properly for some unknown reason.

I hope to write a fix for this after I get off work and go out overnight.
  4. thank you for being such an awesome chicken
  5. In theory, this issue will be resolved with the nightly reboot tonight. Will reply in the morning to confirm or deny.
    Fred_TWK, FadedMartian and UltiPig like this.
  6. I'm eating pizza.
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. It would seem the remote shop signs are fixed. There is a report in that the eggcellent wands are suffering the same issue as the remote signs. When I get time to do another update, those will get fixed as well. :(
    Raaynn, FadedMartian and Fred_TWK like this.
  8. A reported issue with shop signs is now fixed. Also the magic eggcellent wand is also fixed