Redstone Wiring - Intercom System?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by StillwaterStag, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Good morning! I had a crazy idea lady night for a sort of redstone wiring system. That is, a "communications" room, where if either side pressed a button, it would travel some distance, and a redstone lamp would light up in another area, like a visual telegraph.

Think this a decent idea? (I don't know much about redstone wiring, either.)
  2. Would probably take sethbling + every other person who can place red dust and hours of work to make. Reminds me of the computer in minecraft project. Possible, but gl.
  3. Should be doable. There's a lot you can do with redstone (which reminds me that I'm falling behind with a small project of mine) and this seems pretty trivial. You'd need buttons (duh ;) ), redstone dust and most likely repeaters (a redstone signal can't travel further than 15 blocks out, but a repeater can 'repeat' this signal (raise the strength back to 15)) and finally a toggle.

So: the button would trigger a small device which can turn on or off. Once on it will turn the light on, and once off it'll be turned off.

I could probably help you set it up when I'm online later on.