Reciever Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MichaelPiccolo, Nov 23, 2013.

1. It will just wreck the reciever... I am really looking for help not just duck tape
  2. Ahhh ok that solves it all
  3. Ok................................ Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmi........... Wellllllllll...... I don't know........... What to say
  4. Ok so what kind of fuse is it?

This one?

If its that one are you sure you are inserting it correctly, if you don't insert it into the center of the receptacle it wont stay in.

Then if that's not the problem
    #1 - unplug the device (very important)
    #2 - get a small flat head screw driver
    #3 - refer to pic
    Untitled.jpg

Hope that helps :)
    maxthegreat2 likes this.
  5. FDNY21 likes this.
  6. Not that kind at all :p its like a small tube almost
  7. like this?
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  8. Try Radio Shack for fuses and buy a few not just one might cost around 3 bucks or 15 depends what's the fuses tolerance is.The tolerance should be located on the side measured in Ohms.That's the good news. The bad news is fuses rarely go bad jus like that. Most likely a different component in the tv causing fuse to overload. All in all time to troubleshoot your tv and go buy a volt meter.
    mba2012, Olaf_C and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Did that but the problem is the fuse wont stay in the little hole for it, its in the casing but pops out
  10. Pictures would be nice. Seeing it is much better than saying it.
  11. Why yes of course. Please remind me in a few hours to post pics in the morning
  12. If I recall correctly fuse's use amp's not ohms as there rating.

And the cause for a fuse to burn could be as simple as a power spike or not a very clean wave forum in the main power. or the combination of both slowly wearing the filament out over time.

@flaminpotato if its the glass tube type like the one olaf posted a pic of, make sure you are replacing it with the same size and rating fuse that was in there before. those kind of fuse are usually hard to even take out to replace, let alone fall out.

But if it is for sure the same fuse use some needle nose pliers to gently bend the tabs tell you get a snug fitting of the fuse. Just don't bend them to much, do it in small increments.