[RE-INTRO] Hello, i'm Otus.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Otus_NigRum, May 22, 2018.

1. Very interesting! Great into. I hope you enjoy, and have enjoyed, your time on EMC! I hope to see you do great things.
  2. Love your music interests... quite similar to mine... as being from BC also.

You are still young, but i must say... another aspect of higher studies you likely wont have considered is the social side. Studying items of interest with others of similar interests is quite life changing for many. Most of us are shy in school... but the social side of higher ed is a vastly different world.

In any event, Keep on rockin!
  3. Emulators aren't illegal. Downloading a copyrighted game's ROM is. Using ROM's online that were uploaded by others?... I'm not sure.
    The only surely legal way to use an emulator is to rip your own ROM's. However, this is in most cases very difficult and probably costly.
    But this thread isn't about emulators or ROM's, so I won't explain my personal opinion (because I have downloaded ROM's myself too and still might in the future).
  4. Very interesting. What are your favourite bands?

As for the social aspect it's good, but it's not the only way to socialize. I don't want to spend a ton of money and go back to stressing myself at school again just to be able to socialize.
    607 likes this.
  5. Its Like you said.. just keep adding to the list... april wine beatles cream def leapord eagles free genesis heart iron maiden judas priest kansas loverboy metallica nirvana oasis police queen rush styx trooper u2 van halen who ... yes zztop ... and on and on ... :)
    Sydney_43 likes this.
  6. Only after I finished reading that did I realise that those start with the letters of the alphabet, in order...
    Sydney_43 and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  7. I want you to hear this then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpLv4M4paSI

My favourite song at the moment, best intro ever, the drums are really one of the key parts of this song
  8. Great choice. I was a drummer before I sang, so that's what i tend to hear apart from the lyrics. I like too many songs to have a favorite, but when I played Bonham was my favorite drummer... heavy steady hard sound.
    607 likes this.
  9. Welcome back, Otus, and thank you for sharing! I hope to see you online once in a while!

One thing I would comment on - you don't need to have a rock-solid plan for your future, but make sure you do take steps to secure your future. If mechanics and autobody work are what calls to you as a passion, pursue it wholeheartedly. Consider finding a business where you could apprentice at, and if you do end up going to college, focus your coursework on your passion.

Good luck, and welcome!
    607 and Otus_NigRum like this.