Questions about road edits

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fred_TWK, Mar 30, 2021.

1. So, I was reading this page and, given what I am planning it would be nice to have as much space as possible available underground, it got me thinking.

- are "road edits" possible between y=1 and y=62, one block beyond the res limits? (i.e.: can I get the dirt under the streets replaced by some other block that I would mine/craft so that I don't have to "lose" 1 block space on each side?)
    - since the corners would not be visible anyway, would replacing the 4 walls without the hidden corners be as expensive or more expensive than replacing everything? (I guess not changing the corners requires more commands? I'm not sure)
    - would I need neighbour approval even if it is fully underground and not visible from their res?

I asked here because I thought it might be better to ask everyone rather than bothering the staff for every little thing I'll come up with :oops:
  2. Yes, you can change blocks one into the road. You provide the blocks to replace it with and for 4 roads, that would be 10k if things are kept simple.

The adjacent residence owner needs to agree to the changes. With double roads, you can have the road on your side changed (4 blocks) without needing the adjacent owner's approval. If the owner is derelict, you still need their approval. If the residence is vacant, then you are okay to proceed, but a new owner may request removal of the build.
  3. yes, that is what is written in the page I linked, I read that already.

does all of it apply also below the road?
    do I need approval for something that is not visible from their residence?
  4. sorry to hijack the thread.

What about if it was vacant and someone else moved in later and didn't want the edited roads, could they request it being reversed?
  5. The "road" is everything vertically in between the residences. I think that is what you are asking.

Isn't that exactly what krysyy stated?
    Fred_TWK and Gap542 like this.
  6. ok, I thought it was referring to ground and above-ground edits. thank you.