Question.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 72Volt, Nov 15, 2012.

1. I know. It was funny though.
  2. Who said everyone participated?
  3. This is impossible.
    First off, what if the shop owner you want to buy out realizes that they will make more money without the giant buy-out.
    Second, you dont really seem to have a positive light in the empire, so not many people will trust you.
    Third, how will you handle ambitious newly joined people?
    Fourth, where will you come up with this sort of money? 20,000,000 for just one large shop on one server? Thats just gonna take too long to obtain the resources. Those wild outposts will be hard pressed when griefers notice the mass of players in one area.
  4. This actually sounds like a good idea, I'd love to help out by setting up a mega shop on smp1 as there really aren't too many major shops on smp1. (besides 1111)
  5. I told you the punch was spiked with poison, but you didn't listen. Guess who's hallucinating now. I'll give you a hint, you.
  6. Fifth - People have alts. Think about it.
    mba2012 likes this.
  7. 1. On the advice of Kryysy that is no longer my plan.
    2. I've changed.
    3. When the group is at full capacity, we'll split it into two competing teams, who will each have their own leadership and each share their own income and area in the base. New members, while they maintain the free will enjoyed by all LSCC members within the future city walls, will be very strongly advised to do certain jobs for their respective team, during that time they will become climatized to LSCC and won't step out of line.
    4. See 1.
  8. You seem like you are a VERY smart person, with very big ambitions. I would try to team up with a big wild outpost, and not start your own. Buying out shops won't really work, but with a team of dedicated people who could each specialize in something (Person A has mining, B has farming, etc) a mega-mall would be successful. Also, a partnership with a huge store might work.
  9. Well, firstly, thanks ^_^
    Secondly, I'd prefer making my own outpost. I wish to create an elite league of the best of the Empire, creating demand to enter this league through our secretive nature and keeping it constantly improving by having underperformers expelled in a democratic manner as well as constant conditioning of members through rites and a complex, internal codified law which all members must strictly adhere to. Other outposts don't provide that, and I hope that the air of a lust for supremacy that I wish to create in this future 25-strong tribe will put us ahead of the outposts that believe their security as the best in the empire is held in the strength contained in their numbers.
    Thirdly, I've acknowledged the shop-buying thing won't work, and I'm planning to have a Residential Representative instead of a messenger for each team who I will recommend to create a megamall on the largely vacant SMP9 and assemble a dedicated team as you described to assist them.
    Finally, partnerships are planned. :)
    Gap542 and PenguinDJ like this.
  10. Wow... I really hope this is successful, I really do!
  11. Thanks ^_^
    You're welcome to join, we haven't closed up entry to the group yet :)
  12. Whilst it is highly unlikely, he could succeed. In the early 1900's JP Morgan did not stand a chance in buying out the AC lighting company, but do you know what they did? They bought both AC and DC and combined them with a risk of nothing. Now JPMorgan is a very successful business company making loans every minute. I think Volt could do this, but it is a very slim chance.
    "Don't tell me I can't do it. That is what the senate said when I said we need to bomb Tokyo. Then I stood up out of my wheel chair and I said, yes , yes I can."-FDR -2 days after Pearl Harbor attacks in 1941.
  13. I guess I shouldn't tell you about Project Duck on a Skateboard
  14. I may, but I have priorities on smp5 and 4. I'll think about it!
  15. Boy. I looked up a few of the users mentioned in this thread. Looks like they have lots of money. Better hope they don't get together and foil all your plans.

It's the golden rule. Whoever has the gold makes the rules.
  16. I'm not sure whether you are serious or not...
  17. Sorry. I meant rupees. I looked at some big shops. They clearly have some awesome systems to gather resources. Like the real world, I wouldn't mess with someone like that!
  18. They don't make the rules, but if you piss enough off, you might not be able to go into any megashops.
  19. Well, the quote is not meant to be taken literally. :)