Question about mob farms

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by PetezzaDawg, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Hey all

I'm just wondering, if you have to be 24 blocks from a block for it to be spawnable, if you're further away does it increase the likelihood of mobs spawning? I have a mob farm where I am 25 blocks below the spawn pads while killing the mobs/waiting for them to build up, and I'm wondering if I was 28 blocks down would it increase the efficiency? Thanks!

EDIT: Second question, if wither skeletons are on 1 HP, does that decrease the chance of a skull drop on EMC?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. I can't comment on the farm design, but got one suggestion nonetheless: /entc. The amount of entities in areas is limited, and that command allows you to check if you've somehow reached that.

Not to my knowledge. Aikar has tweaked things a little but that's mostly aimed at XP, not so much mob drops. So if you're idle next to a mob farm then you won't gain any XP from all the mobs dropping dead. Only if you actually kill them yourself.
    Equinox_Boss and crazyminerpete like this.
  3. I amn't quite done clearing out the area around the farm, so /entc isn't giving me very exact data right now, but there's not very much spawnable areas left outside it. Yet it still doesn't work all that well and seems to work better when I stand far away from it. Could just be I need to clear out those final few spots, but thanks for the response :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Will this be a public Wither farm or is it just your private farm?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Private
    Equinox_Boss and MajorHaze like this.