Purchasable End Portal and End Platform at Relative Coordinates

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by kevmeup, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Suggestion: Purchasable End Portal and End Platform at Relative Coordinates
    Restrictions: Senior Staff Service (at first), only usable in frontier, medium to high token or money cost.
    Why?:

1. End portals are currently limited to 5k from spawn. No one is suggested to live that close.
    2. The end spawn is shared and used by thousands of people over time. This gets really messy.
    3. Outpost members could enjoy the end too, without requiring a long adventure just to get to to the end, and then another long trek to get to a safe build area.
    TuqDufRhySmp8, 607 and WardleDeBoss like this.
  2. Quick note, as of 1.9, the world generates 128 strongholds up to 25k blocks away from spawn instead of just the previous three within a thousand or so blocks from spawn. More info here.
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  3. I think this is a great idea, Depending on where you make your outpost, There could be an end portal underneath/near it or it could be a 10-100k+ walk/rail ride. This is a feature that would be extremely helpful to many outpost owners server-wide.

+1
    kevmeup likes this.
  4. Aikar would have to do some coding adjustments to get them to spawn for existing outposts (like he did with 1.8 guardian temples). That was pretty messy though and there is a good chance it would delete areas in the process. This is what I currently get at less than 25k.
    607 likes this.
  5. EMC wild is old, so many people generated this lands before they could spawn... but SS created artificial ones i think

On the other hand, i think is a relatively good idea
    kevmeup likes this.