Public Mob Grinders?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EvilServerAdmin, May 12, 2012.

?

Should every smp/utopia have a public mob grinder?

Yes! 18 vote(s) 62.1%
No! 11 vote(s) 37.9%
  1. I died 3 times trying to fix the griefing. Sure glad there's a bed near by. Long run back the first time I died.
  2. I think we should be able to buy them prebuilt or not build like for a 2x blaze spawner you buy it then the coords come up
  3. I Agree Also Prices On Enchanted Things Would Drop
  4. If you find a spawner you deserve it for all that looking
  5. The thing is that everything would loose a bit of magic, the thing of hard-getting enchanted items.
  6. The Texp Leaderboards Wouldnt Exist Anymore If This Went Through I Still Strongly Disagree With This
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  7. this whole argument is kinda pointless. there is a reason why EMC is called a VANILLA server. you cant buy a spawner, as it would take away the value of the drops and xp. you cant have a public grinder, or else it gets griefed, and ruins the economy. it cant be protected or else otheres want theirs protected, and then it becomes a huge mess. now since im short on time i cant go in detail on the EMC apocalypse scenario, but this would ruin and possibly even kill EMC.
    I lied. so here is how it would go.
    a mob trap is built near spawn. an admin gets bullied into protecting it. everyone uses it, and they want more. more are built on every server and the economy is ruined. then nobody earns money from xp/drops, making some things easier to get such as more diamonds and ores. then the economy drops further, or every price skyrockets, because every body sells so much. new comers either think the server sucks since the economy sucks, or they quit because money is to hard to get. less and less people join as more and more quit naturally. then emc loses money. they cant support so many servers. they sell some to try and keep up. people lose res's. more quit. so on and so on. then smp1 is all that is left. emc closes its ports for the last time.
    im sorry i couldnt resist but i have seen this happen on 2 different servers.
    Nole972 likes this.