PSA - DO NOT TOUCH STEAM RIGHT NOW

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xHaro_Der, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Good luck there.
    Twitch1 and ReptilianCat like this.
  2. I don't expect it to go that way. ;) I intentionally spent that money. However, I just cancelled that CC with the bank and will get a new card very soon. :) I am definitely not storing my card with Steam again.
  3. Frontpaged for visibility.
  4. I just got myself a new personal achievement. Get frontpaged :D
    highlancer54 and Tahitan like this.
  5. They shut down there site for now.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  6. Man, I just sold R$35 of stuff on the Market and I can't buy anything with it now... ;-;
  7. Yeah, no clicking in the store or Read More on news posts from developers. Gives an error plus a 404.
  8. Steam sale ruined by jumbled catche.

Worst... Chirstmas... EVER
  9. Congrats :D

Heres your achievement (on Steam nonetheless :p)

The images is from Google Images btw. I didn't open up Steam for this one
  10. Here is what happend to me

I tried to get on Team Fortress 2 This morning and it would not work. Im guesing this is why. Thank god I had not credit card on there because im only 11 and if that happend it would go to my parents credit card :oops:
    _Ulti likes this.

11. Takes away from front page. Jk

Good thing I shut off my pc to Prevent my steam games updating. Lol
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  12. Someone did... lol
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  13. Haha lmao perfect timing then on my part lol
    xHaro_Der and Twitch1 like this.
  14. It was me. Site is down now, and no urgent action that steam users can make currently. Thread is still relevant otherwise of course
    highlancer54 and Twitch1 like this.
  15. Isn't it good to at least make everyone aware so they can be cautious when it comes back up and are aware of the situation?
  16. This isn't how it works lol.
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. Go look at how seriously complex caching can be, especially Steams, then get back to me.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. Perhaps, but we also have a new thread today informing people of the Christmas promo from earlier today.
    Better just keep this thread active ;)
    I would hope steam would send out a notice of the situation to all their users when they are back running properly.
  19. Thanks to this thread I have ad's from Identity Guard that say " 'TIS THE SEASON FOR DATA BREACHES"
    LMAO! Too funny. Anyone who needs a good identity theft protection service related to the Steam incident or any other current data breah would be making a good choice taking their 15% off promotion this year.
    I have used them for 1 year now and it has been better to me than the MyIDCare from OPM data breach. The only service I liked better was from USAA but they shut me out of main site, mobile only for 7 years, because of my bankruptcy... I paid them $14.99/month for unlimited credit reports. Now I pay Identity Guard 14.99/month for quarterly reports -- all I need until my bankruptcy clears.

I am in no way employed or otherwise affiliated with Identity Guard. I just have had such a wonderful experience with them and hope to help steer people away from LifeLock (the worst but most prolific "identity protection" company in the world)... Unlike LifeLock, IG doesn't put credit freezes on your file to protect you, they offer monitoring, security software and other features that you may or may not wish to use.

I like the AV software and the Password vault personally. I just wish the Blur account was also free for 4000 days not just a 1 week free trial :(
  20. It'll take them a while though. Everyone in valve will have to have a turn as the leader of the situation email team before they can decide on the wording. Then everyone in valve will need to type at least one word. Then they'll realise that they don't have enough words. So they repeat the last two steps until they have enough words. Then everyone at valve will need to check over it, then make sure that everyone used the same criteria to check it. Then they'll need to have enough meetings to work out when to send it, so that everyone at valve has a turn chairing the meeting.

So we might get the email next Christmas?