[PSA] Apple has blocked Java on Macs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SpaceShuttleFan, Feb 2, 2013.

1. If only Google would come out with its own OS...
  2. rolf

Ummm. ever heard of a Chromebook?
  3. Chrome OS aka Chromium. But they dont run Java on it. And Chromebooks are limited on things they will open
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. You didnt. I was pointing out that this is pain in the butt for the users, since Apple is just pulling a publicity stunt so people will look up to them. If you didnt know, Apple's stock price has been falling lately. They are losing their value. The truth about how bad Steve Jobs was, and the jerk moves Apple makes are catching up to them. Notice how these stories are coming out now? Notice how the Associated Press said (in nfells linked story) that they werent worried about not being able use their Macs? I have watched shows and read articles on newspaper and online news source companies. There is no such thing as not being worried. Its always a race to see who can get the news out first, which in turn means more viewers and more money for the company. So why wouldnt they be worried about this? Whats with the amazing amount of optimism towards Apple? They probably (again) bought these stories to make it seems like they care about their customers. Good publicity = higher stock prices. Apple wants money. Thats why they are blocking Java. They couldnt give a damn about the security of their customers, if that issue is inconvenient for them.

/end rant
    Lol sorry, i just hate how everyone assumes Apple is a "good" company just because it was started by a mooching hippie:p
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  5. Wait, so it's wrong if a company wants to make money? Isn't that the point of a company? TO MAKE MONEY?

And all I see now is you trashing apple, something that I don't care much about, but whatever. Your only relevant line was the first, and everything else...

Last, this thread got de-railed quick as icc with tnt. Why are we even arguing about computer OS? Another thread for that maybe?
    jamesg003 likes this.
  6. No, think about it. Its ok for a company to want to make money. Apple lusts it though. A company should respect and value its customers. Apple doesnt. It only cares about the money flow.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company
    "Business entity with an aim of gaining a profit"

So, in answer to my question "Isn't that the point of a company? TO MAKE MONEY?", you first replied no, and then say the opposite in the next sentence...
  8. You have one incorrect fact. Java DOES run on Chromium. If it didn't have Java in it, most features of internet browsing would be paralyzed. Sure HTML 5 might be on allot of Google applets but allot of applications depend on Java. Android runs XML/Java, Java is used everywhere, why? Because Java is open and wide. Why did it became so popular? 1 reason is because it has its own garbage collection. Garbage collection is typically a memory handler. C language didn't support this that is why it didn't become so famous then.
  9. Then you cant understand sentence structure...
    I said "No" to your first question, then basically said "No" to your second question too. I will restate it. No, its not wrong to want to make money. No, that isnt the point if a company. A business is supposed to bring something to the market for consumers. The point of an economy is to alleviate human misery. That "misery" is alleviated by businesses providing goods and services to the populace for reasonable prices/exchanges. Without businesses, there would be no economy. So we can say that businesses = the economy. If businesses = the economy, then a business' overall, root, role is to alleviate human misery. If Apple were our economy (no matter where you live), we would be in deep crap. Because Apple doesnt care about the consumer. Which makes Apple a bad company. So, yes, its ok for a company to want to make money, its how we keep an economy flowing. But no, thats not the whole point of a company. The point of a company is to turn the consumers desire into a want in a good intentioned (not a word...) way. A lying, cheating company is not a company you want in your economy. Apple holds the throne for that category.

Sorry, this might not make any sense. I suck at transferring thoughts to text when im super tired -_-
  10. Guys... to put it in simple terms... Apple is closed source, they don't like sharing, they like taking.

Apple doesn't like to work with other companies. Reason why Microsoft is so big is because it complied with allot of hardware back then. When USB was first introduced Apple didn't want in, thus they went down. Soon they implemented USB ports on their future devices. Apple is very greedy when it comes to things, they want it their way, and their way only. They don't like to comply with companies, they even have their own Java version, to ensure "compatibility and performance", but I completely disagree with them, Java works fine across many platforms with little to no change at all. Apple is like a communist society, everything must be equal, and everything that the dictator says must be done. Apple is not that evil, but it is evil in a way. If you think just because you have iTunes in your Windows computer they're good. They're not, its a way of advertising their line of products, like their iProducts.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. No. I am right. I am saying Java, it runs Java Script but not Java Applets etc. And Oracle doesn't let Google use it after they had a fall out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_v._Google
  12. The two were pretty much asking the exact same thing. "isn't that the point of a company (refers to the first statement)?" "to make money?" are asking pretty much the same thing...

Second, if you want to take up your case with whoever wrote the wikipedia article, go ahead. I was simply quoting him/her.

(by the way, as you seem not to have read the third part of my response (it's somewhere here...) you might want to take a look. This thread is already derailed enough, as is.)
  13. Oh yes definitely. Cause when you say Java, that generalizes the entirety of Oracle/Sun Microsystems Java.
  14. Oh i agree that this thread is derailed lol. The wiki article is correct in the specific sense, but i originally was referring to businesses from an economy perspective. And no, they really werent asking the same thing.
  15. Perhaps I should use an example.

Isn't aikar's life goal to ruin the economy? HIS LIFE GOAL TO RUIN THE ECONOMY?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. -_- Lol.
    The wording structure is different. But now the derail has been derailed:p
    jamesg003 likes this.