Project GTA Fan Made

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by finch_rocks_1, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,

I have started a Project called GTA Fan made. Yes I know i have Stranded Alone, but thats on hold as the engine i was using as a massive Memory Leak issue where the level does not save and everything you worked on during that day has to be redone, and unsure when it will be fixed. So i have started a New Project. GTA Fan made is a GTA Fan made game built off Lumberyard. I had to customize the engine core to support the game and have started building it. The map will be 9x larger than GTA V's map (GTA V is really not that large). The Game will include GTA IV, GTA V, GTA Vice City all customized and re-worked. The game will also include many other area's including the Snowy mountains, Area 51, New towns, New Cities, and much more including some hidden underwater bunkers and much more.

I am working on trying to build a GTA Game that includes items everyone always wanted in a GTA Game. Note that this project will not include any story mode and that will also save a ton of space on the game size as there will be no videos for missions. The Game will however be just like online as well as SP side missions like Scavenger Hunts, and Races and all. The online will inlcude Team Death Matches, Capture the Flag, Sandbox free roam, and much more.

The Game is a WIP but I have already got a Map layout of the areas, and working on the land layout, roads, sidewalks, area's for buildings and all. I have built a site for the project and will release soon, and I have a discord for anyone looking to join and talk and make suggestions for the game.

What I need from you, is for those who have played GTA Games, I want to hear what you liked about the games, or what you always wanted in the games. Anything that you think could add to the game. Feel free to suggest it and I can see what I can do.

The WIP Map is as seen below. (Note you can see a rough outline of some of the Previous maps, also note that this map is compiled from what it looks like ingame so farm.

Note that all suggestions are to follow the following taken from;
    http://gtafanmade.tk/terms-and-conditions/#1518031661093-bb043d88-bffb
    Note That I am not encouraging players to play this game, nor is the game I am working on have a Rating yet. Also keep in mind to follow the EMC Rules as well.

Also Note the Website is not fully finished and some sections including home page and many other area's are not setup, but I was using that link to show the legal for submissions.
  2. I don't mean to be rude or anything of the sort, but this seems too ambitious in all honesty. Especially for a project done by a single individual.
    607 likes this.
  3. It really does not require that much work building the map. And I could care less of how long it takes. I am not one for rushing things. It may seem too ambitious for one but I do have friends who help with models to push some pressure of but as you can see I already have done a lot of work and slowly growing each week.

The point of this is to make suggestions and post what someone liked about a GTA Game, not to try to dis the project saying that it's too large or too ambitious.
  4. This paragraph is fine. Sounds good, a solid answer.

This added paragraph is unnecessary and seems unkind. You make it seem like fluffinator was trying to dis the project, which he was not. I understand that you want to clarify the thread's purpose, but for one, the second part of the sentence isn't necessary for that, and could surely be worded differently, and besides, I think a comment like this is pretty much inevitable. But if you get just one, and give a good reply like that first paragraph, it should clear things up and make room for more replies to the purpose of the thread. :)

Oh, and have fun on your project!
    haastregt and fluffinator09 like this.