Profile Background

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BenCannoli, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Do You Think EMC Forums Should Have Profile Backgrounds? Should It be for All or Supporters Only?

Yes, EMC Should Have Backgrounds and It should be for All. 6 vote(s) 50.0%
No, EMC Should NOT Have Backgrounds. 2 vote(s) 16.7%
Yes, EMC Should Have Backgrounds but Only for Supporters. 4 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. You know what would be really cool?

Profile backgrounds! I have noticed that the EMC Forums does not have such improvement.
    And I know it MAY be possible. The famous Steamworks (Steam) created by Valve Corporation uses the same Forum BB Code format. And it does have Profile backgrounds.

Look at my Steam Profile and notice it have a Profile Background.
    ANOTHERPROFILESTEAM.png

Of course on Steam you can't set Custom Backgrounds, but EMC could.

This is just a suggestion, So I just wanted to know for sure if it's possible or not to make such a improvement. EMC could also make it only avaible for supporters.

If you have any idea to complement on this thread please comment below!
    I hope this suggestion reaches the Staff and I hope I can hear from the Staff itself. Thank You!
    ObscureGolem and cdjs1987 like this.
  2. While I see the appeal of having cool backgrounds, I believe that the simplistic style of the forums is conducive to ease of use. I believe it should be an option to customize a background, but not a forced feature.
  3. I'm not sure if it's possible, as I know there's a lot of limitations w/ the forums. I do think if it's ever implemented, it would be a nice supporter perk, especially since I'm pretty sure they are revamping the packages to tailor more to visual/customization options for supporters.
  4. Well, Of course it can be an optional thing. But it would be cool to have a background.
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  5. Aikar's control for the website is very limited. I am not sure what he can do here but it does not sound like a bad idea. I am not sure if I see it actually being in EMC though.