[Price check] a double chest of obsidian

Discussion in 'Price Inquiries' started by Jonesr2008, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Now this is some great info and research!!! Well done and Thank you. If you read I said 100k for Obby. The 150 to 180 was about quartz. Thank you KnightZer0ne yes I used the number lol. Very well done I am pleased as I don't sell it much. Just quartz and other unfarmable items for a higher sell price. So happy and sad at the same time. My first Million R was made off of 6 sales of Obby.
  2. You can also generate obsidian quickly without lava or trips to the end if you're comfortable with nether portal mechanics and don't mind losing your head. I normally keep this info on the low, but people have similarly effective methods now.

Setup:
    Go to Nether.
    Travel 128 blocks.
    Place bed (thank you EMC) and set it as your spawn point.
    Make and light nether portal.

Use:
    Walk through nether portal to generate a portal on over world.
    Break portal with pickaxe.
    Place items in chest.
    Die.
    Repeat.

Improvements:
    Having a large flat area around 30 wide and no caves helps (you can use water to stop spawns in caves, or just move).
    Having a beacon on the overworld helps a lot.
    Chests and ender chest.
    Extra dirt stacks around to fill back in holes left by portals.
    Lights placed in air 1 block higher than where portals spawn to prevent mob spawns and provide mining light.
    A kill room (small room, lava held up at 3 blocks high, hoppers under) so you can jump once or twice to kill yourself and save the head drop in the hoppers.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  3. You could be right. I might have been a bit optimistic There are 3,456 blocks in a DC and 180 minutes in 3 hours. That is 19.2 blocks every minute. In the above scenario with a eff5 it probably takes 4 seconds a block. Maybe more like 4 hours. No bannable macros. At 120K a DC this would still be pretty lucrative.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  4. The easiest method would always be mining up End pillars. No water, no lava and very little risk (unless an enderman happens to get in your way.) When mincers first came out I tested one out and you can get about 4 DCs of obsidian per pick. So you spend 50-60k on a mincer, it pays itself off with the first DC of obsidian.

EDIT: And my apologies.. the 150k is avg. price for Quartz blocks, not obsidian. (Unless that has come down as well..)
  5. Don't you need to be a supporter to access the end?
  6. Only on utopia.