Previous Builds

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Ryukk132, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Hey Ya'll, Currently back after a Sliiight (not so slight) break and i was wondering about the BuildMode as anything previous to this system being put in place would not be protected and only way to do this would be to re-do blocks placed etc? System wasn't in place roughly 2 years ago?
    Cheers!
  2. It goes a little bit deeper than that.

First: the block protection system has been in effect much sooner than the announcement. I don't know from mind anymore how long but IIRC it's about 1,5 - 2 years. This is important because:

Second: the system uses so called protected ("uncommon") blocks and regular ("common") blocks. This means that as soon as you place a protected block then, as its name implies, it'll be automatically protected. As a rule of thumb: blocks which you need to craft and which don't spawn naturally in the game are usually uncommon and therefor automatically protected. So: even without the use of /buildmode. Small sidestep: this is how I manage to build protected waste bases; a nice base to use as storage & outpost in the wasteland without any risk of players accidentally griefing my building (when you build in the waste then I think you're somewhat asking for trouble. It's not allowed, but I can really understand that some players can get confused. Therefor I never reported stuff happening in the waste).

So there's a good chance that your build is already (partially) protected.

There used to be a Senior Staff service to auto protect stuff for you (at least it was announced), but I don't think that really took off for some reason.

So my suggestion would be to take a friend and have them check if those blocks are actually protected or not. Note: not necessarily a friend in your friends list (/fr list) but someone you know & trust.
  3. Cheers ShelLuser and Roblikescake, I'll follow it up now. Build would of been before this setup was announced otherwise it would of been put in place >.< Cheers again!