Preserve the wild!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hash98, Dec 26, 2011.

?

Do you think we should do this instead of the moderators reseting the wild every month?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2012.
Yes, I think we should do it. 8 vote(s) 50.0%
No, I will just let the moderaors do it. 8 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Wait, people dig straight down to mine??!!

I really am not the brightest when it comes to quick mining. I always dig staircases, sometimes very roomy ones, just because... that's what I've always done! Heh.

My only problem is finding my way back OUT of my labyrinths, er, mines...
    albino_donkey likes this.
  2. I like to make mines like that because I can always return and walk down my nice steps or use a minecart to descend quickly, instead of falling until I had a half heart of health or was dead x|
    Hash98 likes this.
  3. IKR??! Going straight down sounds like a good idea at first, but then return trips become more of a chore. I just build a nice entrance (1-2 wide, 2-3 tall, depending on how much of a hurry I'm in!), put a monument of some sort (an arch or other noticeable landmark) over the top of it, then go down from there!

Much more convenient, even when ppls strip the torches off my markers and tunnels...you cheap, thieving twits you. ;)
    Hash98 likes this.
  4. I know, I hate it when it is like a obsticle coarse to get back to the spawn. When I meant use bone meal, I meant to do it on the grass,not the trees. Hey can you have a silk touch shovel and collect a grass block?
  5. Yes I love the smell of fried creepers in the morn', I also love the smell of maple bacon in the morn'!!!
  6. Yes silk touch allows you to pick up,
    - glass blocks
    - grass blocks
    - mycelium
    - smoothstone block
    - ore blocks (diamond, redstone, lapis lazuli, coal)
    - mushroom tree pieces
    - bookshelves
    I think that is about it. It used to be able to pick up spawners, it may still work but i am not 100% sure of that.
  7. I dont think it's such a good idea there is no argument about the fact that it will only get harder and harder to mine minerals as you will have to travel longer and the landscape will get damaged alot and grithed you can't stop people from disrespecting the tree idea as no body would be there to stop them as nice as it would be it would be hard to make it a reality!
  8. SMM - The further people explore into the Wild, the more Chunks of land the Server has to generate and the more strain this in turn puts on the server. So if people mash up the land close to the spawn, people will be forced to travel further. Therefore it's in every servers best interests to give players reason not to go too far out.

Anyway, this is just a confirmation that I was meaning to get. Now I know never to build any permanent structure in the wild.

However on that note, and I don't know if Empire are willing to do it, but during a reset the admin can keep certain areas intact so they respawn with the new world. So anyone that's done a top notch, high standard build in the Wild might like to enquire about preserving it before the next wipe.
  9. Yeah, I hate going into the wilderness and seeing half cut down trees where people never planted new ones. If we don't stop we won't be able to get more wood because it'll all be gone if we don't replant it.
  10. I think we just started this because if you look on the live map it has a new square around the spawn point, it's where they have to reset because so many people get their resources from there and everyone calls it the "ruins" :p because it really looks like it.