Post Your Best Internet Results!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jeanzl2000, Oct 5, 2012.

1. You 2 have worryingly close speeds :)
  2. That is because we live in the same house using the same internet. :p
    (Or were you just joking? :confused:)
    Squizzel_Boy and topdawg657 like this.
  3. Explains it :)
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  4. I noticed how a lot of people have Epic download speeds but TERRIBLE upload speeds lol
    Squizzel_Boy and legacy123321 like this.
  5. There is my results

Attached Files:

Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  6. Your upload speed is high.
    Very High
  7. Is that good?
  8. Super Good
  9. yay i thought my internet was crap
  10. There's a very good reason why it is that way. A cable that carries data, like the one that goes from your house to your ISP can only carry a certain amount of information per time unit before it reaches its maximum capacity. By delegating less speed to upload, the ISPs can offer more speed for download. And since most Internet users use the internet for a few select tasks, all for which download speed matter the most by far, it's a sensible trade-off. Tasks such as web browsing, receiving e-mails with huge attachments, and downloading files all rely heavily on download speed.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  11. Close - It's more to do with the fact the Upload frequency spectrum is alot smaller then the download frequency spectrum

12. Well, that's exactly what I said. I just didn't use quite as technical terms. :p I said that the cable has a limited information capacity (that would be the whole upstream+downstream spectrum in your graphic) and I said that the ISPs delegate more speed to downloads than to uploads. (that would be the reason why the upload spectrum has been made smaller than the downstream) I almost brought up the stuff about the frequencies, but I decided to go with a more "layman's version" instead, because I figured it would be understood by a broader audience. :)
  13. The cost of Uploading data is also a lot higher then download :)
  14. Do I have to register or download something? Pffft...
  15. go to speedtest.net, it's free
  16. There should be an Internet Provider for Serious Gamers/Youtubers

17. Why i need a new computer
  18. Computer make no difference to the speed. That's your Internet provider at work there..
    LuxuryMushroom likes this.
  19. Ok.