Post about my road edits

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by iamfuturetrunks, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Quick rant: No I didn't put this in the wrong section. I deliberately posted it here because it doesn't really fit into the other spots anyways. Before you even suggest it, this technically wasn't built on EMC so thus can't really be considered to be put into EMC creations.

And before you get mad at anyone or anything it's not the mods/admins fault or anything. It does stink it was kinda implied in the past that I could do this, because it wouldn't work really to do on emc on my res's. And the only reason I undertook all this was because of said implication otherwise I wasn't gonna waste time trying to do road edits cause I didn't like the fact of not being able to modify anything after the fact unless I pay more rupees.

End of rant:
    TL: DR basically made it seem like I could build my road edits in creative and then a SS would use something like schematica? to get the schematic or something and paste it in after the fact or something back around 1.16? Only to find out after working really hard and rushing to get this done that it isn't happening.

Okay so I don't tend to make many forum posts, nor do I tend to post pics of my creations all that often since it's more fun to come across them in game.... but that isn't happening from the looks of it thus why I am gonna post some here at least.

I started working on road edits cause I realized it might be better to be able to go across to my other res's and be able to expand stuff, from a shop being bigger, to having a cool roller coaster going through my res's under ground, etc.

I had seen others do them on EMC before and some even made some really big expensive road edits in the past. I know of one player right now on smp1 that has a HUGE quartz build they worked really hard on and put a lot of work into only for them to decide they are gonna change and so all that quartz and work is gonna get deleted when they redo their road edit (which is a huge shame and a waste).

I also never liked the fact we couldn't just dig and build below the road if we own both res's next to each other anyways. I understood the rule of needing 4x4 so people and horses could go through without problems and I was fine with that but the boring sandstone look, and same lamps, kinda stinks after a while. I just wanted to be able to pay the fee to do it, and then just take my time digging out and building below the road placing the blocks where I want them to go.

And trying to build something far away from where you plan for it to go at a different height or different spot can be quite difficult for me. There was a few times where I accidentally built something at the wrong height (or with 1.18 having to move sections down to a new height) was kinda annoying. Thus why I want it to go exactly where it will go and so I can see how it will look. No guessing then changing my mind after it gets pasted in cause "oh those blocks don't look good right there next to each other" type of stuff.

So seeing all that work and blocks go to waste if you decide later you want to change it kinda kept me from wanting to do it. But it kept nagging at me. Then there was talk about being able to use schematica? and copying/pasting said build into the roads. If I was gonna do a road edit I was gonna make it count and make sure to have it all done ahead of time. I also had stuff planned out (tracks, tunnels, etc) built out for future builds I planned to do when I got the time. Even a few just in case I forgot some tunnel later on. But there was no way I was gonna be able to build all of these different height road edits on any of my res's without it end up being multiple copy/pastes as well. Thus that would end up costing me LOTS of rupees. Well somehow it was implied I could just copy my res's and do the build in creative and then get schematica? or something and copy those roads and give the files to SS to paste in. Okay cool!

Then I can work on it when I have time, I can build it right where I want it and also build a bit around the roads to see how it will look. Thus after it's pasted in I can go back and I have at least some reference images to go off of to do it on my res's on EMC which will still be a lot of work but oh well it will look cool after the fact.

But was recently informed that wont happen, and that, that was never gonna happen. Have to build it in EMC and they will copy/paste it from wherever you have it to your res and you forfeit the blocks used to make it. Really stinks cause I put a lot of work into these. From asking my neighbors (which some haven't been on in over a year) and getting approvals to figuring out how to fit stuff into a 4 wide gap etc. Even bugging SS and such about if this will work or this will work since it will be in the road (like regarding redstone stuff).
    I was also gifted iron, gold, and diamond supporter (still no idea who) and figured maybe I could use the diamond to get 25% off the road edits since I was also informed it would be at least 4 pastes which is $10,000 rupees. But if something is messed up or needs changing in the future that will cost more rupees. So rushing to get these road edits done and then having to redo some because of 2 neighbors res's that are a revolving door of new players constantly going derelict. Making it so those parts of the roads wouldn't really be able to be done at least not for now.

So all this work and I figured I would at least take some screenshots and show them to those I told about in game since some were really looking forward to it and some were just curious. All of these images are of the thought that what is done is where the road is and once in place next to my res's I would then go in and finish around them when I have time. So they all look incomplete.

Link to album: https://imgur.com/a/OAa1o1I

First is one of possibly four custom made stone pillars (one of the last few sections I was working on)

Second is what it looks like from below. That section is from around y 64 to -45 all stone blocks placed by hand.

Third is from above (the jack o lanterns were just markers to show where the road ends and my res's are as reference) Ignore the dirt since that would have been changed and fixed up with stone after pasted into the roads.

There is other parts I didn't include though so don't think this was it.

When you see the stone walls and stuff you can clearly see these weren't just copy/pasted in like some people think. These took time. Even the water down below, I didn't want to have any flowing water so I manually went in with kelp and filled it all with kelp before destroying all the kelp to make sure it was all water source blocks so it wouldn't cause as much lag.
    Wasn't gonna have kelp at first cause wasn't sure if roads would allow the kelp to keep growing and thus just be tall things of kelp. It wasn't until 1.18 I started considering it because of the new shear feature of clipping kelp to keep from growing. I placed string around the one vine spot in the middle to keep it from growing to far, and from spreading. And even went and redid the subway terminal/station from blackstone to deepslate since it looked nicer. So I was constantly trying to fix/finish all these. The only advantage I had in creative was being able to fly, and having all blocks available to place when im where im at.

But finding out only way this is gonna happen is if I rebuild this all on emc all again which took so long is disheartening (which I don't have the room for anyways, and yes I know players have offered to let me build on their res's. I just don't like having my builds being somewhere I don't own and could easily get deleted or griefed, as well as what I mentioned above, etc).

Thus for now I am done. I don't want to put more work into something that isn't gonna happen when I already put in so much work as it is.

Sorry for the long post just figured I would try and explain everything out so there wouldn't be any extra questions hopefully. And again, don't get mad at the mods or admins or anything, not their fault.
  2. Interesting
  3. Looked at the images.. Looks very neat and yes also like a lot of work.
  4. I have a blank Utopia res that you could use if it helps. Nothing on it so anything can be built. Hopefully then it can be pasted into place on your smp. If they can move a res to another smp, this should be doable.