[Poll] Most Annoying Hostile Mob Part 1

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by PirateOfDW, Jan 17, 2013.

?

What in your opinion is the most annoying hostile mob in the game?

Poll closed Jan 24, 2013.
Creeper 22 vote(s) 24.7%
Cave Spider/Spider 15 vote(s) 16.9%
Skeleton 21 vote(s) 23.6%
Slime 2 vote(s) 2.2%
Zombie 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Witch 3 vote(s) 3.4%
Zombie Villager 1 vote(s) 1.1%
Silverfish 12 vote(s) 13.5%
Spider Jockey 5 vote(s) 5.6%
Zombie Pigmen 8 vote(s) 9.0%
  1. I thought I was going to find a bunch of annoying monster anecdotes in this thread. Oh well. I've found them all annoying at times and I could tell a story about every type of the monsters in the list. My first encounter with Zombie Pigmen is probably my favorite.

When I first went to the Nether, I was building this Netherrack fort to protect me against Ghasts. It was pretty lame, but a lot of things are when we first start out. I was having a really hard time since they were destroying it almost as fast as I was building it.

While I was building I thought it was endearing how genuinely interested the Pigmen were in what I was doing. They would gather around and seemed to be examining my work and me as I did it. More and more collected in my fortress until I finally hit one accidentally with a pick and they mobbed me. Over. and. Over.

I spent maybe two hours trying to get my stuff. Of course, my portal was in the fortress so each time I went through it they would mob me. I eventually decided that rather than trying to escape them I would try to kill at least one each trip before I died, and I eventually got their population down to where I could finish them off.

Of course, I lost all my stuff. Multiple times. But I'm sure that back then it wasn't all that great anyway.
  2. It all depends on how much durability they take away on my prot IV unb III armor before they are bonked upon with my sword..
  3. Creepers and skeletons all tied up!
  4. When one of these mobs reaches 25 I'm going to start the nether mob poll.