[ POLL ] Massive Auction

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 586, Feb 15, 2018.

?

Do you plan on bidding?

Yes, definitely! 8 vote(s) 61.5%
No, absolutely not :U! 5 vote(s) 38.5%
  1. Hey, all! Not only is this a poll, but depending on the results, I'd like to make it as a heads up to an upcoming auction I plan on holding.

The upcoming auction will include:
    • 2 DC's of Clay
    • 2 DC's of Packed Ice
    • 2 DC's of Glass
    • 4 DC's of Sand
    • 5 DC's of Terracotta
    • 2 DC's of Gravel
    As you can see, this would be quite the auction, however, the value added up would be quite the number, so I'd like to see how much you guys think the starting bid should be, how much the minimum bid increment should be, and how much you would personally bid at maximum. If you don't plan on bidding, I'd still appreciate a reply to the thread, however, if you don't mind, I'd also like if you could state that you have no intentions on bidding.

Let me know if this auction goes against auction rules. Not quite sure even after checking.

Also, since you're here, I'm going to go ahead and promote my service! Here, you can order Gravel, Packed Ice, and Glass in quantities of at least a stack! Here's the link:
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/services-bulk-buy-packed-ice-glass-and-more.75206/
  2. You'd have to do it in DC quantities :p
  3. Thought so. Didn't know if that still applied if I had a bunch of other DC's. Removed :D.
  4. I think it is a great idea for you hold this auction because it includes very valuable blocks to builders
    586 likes this.
  5. Wow... I need everything here... so convenient
    586 likes this.
  6. Hahaha thanks guys! If you don't mind, could you possibly give any further insight?
  7. Bump :D

I'd really appreciate some feed back so I can get this auction started!
  8. Gonna give this a no the big ol' bump :D
  9. I'm still wondering what would happen if I were to put up 1DC of iron support vouchers up for grabs :D

Seriously though, auctions are a gamble. There are no guarantees. Even if people tell you here that "sure, I'll bid" then it's by no means any guarantee that you'll also get something good out of it. Which, for me at least, make these threads kind of useless.

If you want to be daring, put it up for an auction, if you're unsure (which I think you are, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist) then don't go there.

My definition of an auction: a chance to get the amount of rupees you hope to get, but at the same time a chance to get much less.

If you don't make the starting price (and bid increase) appealing then players will most likely ignore your auction. But if you don't make it high enough then you'll risk getting (much) less for your goods than you hoped for. Yet that is what makes auctions fun.

You win some and you lose some.
    586 and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  10. DC of Iron Support Voucher Auction = RIP Supporter Voucher Market, but go ahead and try (cause prices will still continue to fall either way).

Auctions can either make you rich, or leave you with pocket change, it all depends if the auction items are in demand. I decided long ago that auctions just aren't worth it, but it doesn't mean you should leave them.

Like Shell mentioned if you don't feel like you'll get interest by the community in this auction, then maybe you can break it up into multiple auctions at different times to see what bidders really want.