[Poll] Days for EMC Chess Tournaments

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SteamingFire, Jan 18, 2022.

?

Days Available? See post first.

Thursday all day, as a player 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thursday all day, as a spectator 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thursday all day, as either 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Weekend multi-day, as a player 1 vote(s) 50.0%
Weekend multi-day, as a spectator 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Weekend multi-day, as either 1 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Hello, EMC!

Star Events and I are just about ready to open up our first EMC chess tournament!

There's just one thing that we would like to know. What day(s) would you prefer to play?

My work weekends are Wednesday and Thursday, meaning that I can host all-day tournaments on a Thursday. Or, if people really want weekends, I can host multi-day tournaments. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 8:30pm - 10:30pm EMC time. The games will have to pause/end exactly on time, as I need to be rested to work the next day. If we do multi-day, it's simple to turn off perms and PM the "sealed" next moves.

In either case, there will be a mandatory sign-up. I need to know exactly how many people will be playing, and I would like to pair up players before the first round to save some time. All players will have to be on time. If someone's late, that will delay the whole tournament because round 2 cannot happen until round 1 is done, as we need to re-shuffle all winners moving onto the next round.

Please respond to the poll, and make sure that you pick your appropriate role--player, spectator, or either. I will favor the players' days available of course, as there cannot be a tournament if there's no players. Please answer the poll honestly despite your desire to spectate on a different day than everyone else.