Poll: Best operating system?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BobTheTomato9798, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Best operating system

Mac 7 vote(s) 18.9%
Windows 23 vote(s) 62.2%
Linux 7 vote(s) 18.9%
  1. You notice how they are both have 6 letters and start with S?
  2. You notice how Square is supreme and all seeing? :p
  3. Skynet has spoken to me.I will fulfill its wishes.
  4. Square can't greytext.Just saying.
  5. I'm not crazy about Unity though :(
  6. So basically Miles Dyson = JustinGuy? :O :confused:
    -2012- It's comming.
  7. I don't like how there's not as much software for Linux....
  8. This is technically incorrect. Linux is indeed an operating system. Ubuntu, Red Hat, Suse, etc. are essentially GUI's that run on top of the Linux kernel. A parallel could be made to MS-DOS/Windows. MS-DOS was an operating system that ran under Windows 3.0, 95, 98, and 98SE GUI's. In Windows XP, Vista, and 7; the DOS prompt is actually a VM. These interfaces ride on an NT kernel.
  9. He is right...
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  10. I love linux, I won't lie ^_^
  11. I've been reasonably happy with it. Anything I can't do with Unity, I can open up a terminal and do it the old way. Also, you can get rid of Unity and put KDE or Gnome in its place if you want.

[edit] I have never actually installed it, but I have a Live CD of Ultimate Edition that seems pretty nice, also. There's a "Gamers Edition" that is supposedly really good for gaming and making better use of better graphics cards. It's running on an older Linux kernel (3.0 I think), though.
  12. Well, i attempted to generalize, because if you go ahead and lookup "windows O.S." some of the main results will bring up Windows 7 or w/e
    I do apologize (and i'm correcting) my affirmation.
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  13. Skynet cant have tons of supporters and tons of members who have fun day to day.
  14. I'm using GNOME shell -- reasonably happy with it...
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  15. I am not too happy with Linux but I have both Linux and windows 7 installed so I can switch over whenever I want....
  16. Skynet doesn't have tons of supporters. It just has the U.S. Army $$$ to support it :)
  17. Have you tried playing MC in Windows 7? Does linux run faster? :S
  18. It killed the US army :)
  19. *facepalm*
  20. Money came from them, right?