Plugin Idea- Biome Changer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tomkilz, May 14, 2012.

1. yea, with mcedit
  2. There can be a plugin to "cancel" the "event" of a ice formation. Its actually more of a add-on not a plugin since it is contributing to a plugin not a main source. Bukkit > plugins > add-on. It would be lag extensive depending how the plugin will handle the events. So this can cause major lag issue if this were used in a residence containing a 60x60 pool of water.
  3. Why won't you just leave already!! Lol, jkjk. I would never want you to leave us.
    That being said, Rawr :)
    thecontroller likes this.
  4. Not sure if this plugin is very safe... I never play around with world files too much. Changing any world value is dangerous this plugin might be using a packet editor and a area control where it allows things to be run.
  5. It's no more dangerous then MCedit, All it does it change the world info of Biome for that chunk.

Taken from the wiki
    Anvil File Format

The Anvil file format allows for biomes to be stored in the world data. In contrast, the Region file format relies on the seed to dynamically calculate biome placement. This would cause biome placement in older worlds to change when the biome generation code was changed. With the current Anvil format, the biome data is stored along with the rest of the world data, meaning it will not change after the world is generated and can be edited by third-party map-editing tools. Furthermore, "edge" biomes allow for biomes to continue extend beyond the edge chunks of an old world. This allows for smooth transitions in world generation after the generation code changes in an update.
    thecontroller likes this.
  6. I think (from what I heard) MCEdit is not in development anymore! :(
  7. Oh no I'm getting old... Minecraft server administration has rotted in my brain... :( I feel old now.
    Joshposh70 likes this.
  8. Lol. :)