Please remove "Leaderboards"

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Herbrin3, Jul 3, 2012.

1. But no mall, do you? :D
  2. Yeah mall too I love my ChascaMall
  3. Pfew xD
  4. I think, while I say you have a valid point in removing it,and it is rather pointless, but not enough people will care, as already stated. I also like the idea of most deaths, and whatnot. But again, good luck fnding an ample amount of support to take it down. If you do though, Ill be glad to join in.
  5. TEXP is good in some people's point of view, while being redundant in other's point of view.

As for me, being one of the "top" TEXP overall, I have to say that this has really discouraged me from grinding xp often. There are some reasons for this,
    • People sometimes PM me either in-game or on forums asking for the location of my spawner(s). It gets annoying.
    • Being a non-supporter & unable to donate, I'm unable to hide from live map, thus there's a constant fear of being tracked for my spawner(s).
    • If I were to afk at my grinder, it will definitely affect natural mob spawning. It could be considered "griefing xp / mob drops for others", or at least to me.
    TEXP isn't really all that bad, it motivates me in staying in the server to a great extent.
    • Having a friendly competition against fellow EMC players is sometimes fun.
    • Being a non-supporter (Gold / Diamond) & unable to donate, I cannot get another plot to build on and if I use all the space on my current plot, there would be no other safe place to build. TEXP helps in procastinating my project, keeping me in EMC longer than I should.
    Whether TEXP leaderboards is productive or not, it is up to your discretion. Personally, I'm fine either way if TEXP stays or goes.

Even before TEXP was implemented, I was already an exp grinder, just not that "hardcore". Xp grinding used to make one "different" from others, as you would lose all your xp in the past and its not shared between servers, that brought a greater joy to enchanting - namely having to bring the items to the xp grinder and enchanting them on the spot to safe xp.
    Nole972 likes this.
  6. And let's not forget driving... Anyone going faster than you is a maniac, and anyone going slower is an idiot.

When our fearless leaders implemented the TEXP policy, they mentioned that anyone who cared could "compete," and anyone who didn't....didn't have to. I'm usually ranked fairly highly, and I only get XP when I need it. I don't sell enchanted items, and I only care about the leaderboard a little bit.... :) Just to see where I fall, and to stalk the leaders to try to figure out how much time they actually spend playing.

If anyone really wants to spend all day grinding, more power to them. Maybe they share their accounts with friends, maybe they really don't leave the house. Not my problem ;)
  7. I have quit grinding lol i would have been top 5 overall if i kept going buuuuuut i don't care anymore it got boring :/
  8. Its boring so what! Go play online poker, post on the forums, play xbox!
    Terminator908 likes this.
  9. Couldn't agree more. I know you will not get a lot of support on this, but I am definitely on your side here, we should remove the leaderboards.
    If we are going to have a leaderboard I think it should be based on a creation voting system. Something that doesn't encourage ruining the game for others.
  10. i dont play minecraft very much til the 1.3 update but im with herbrin3 on this, grinding is boring now.

ps hows that blaze grinder i showed you?
  11. IMHO this should be a perma ban. This is clearly cheating. Is this not against the rules here?
  12. Try /p on the top ones. You'll find one is currently banned. I'm guessing they put one of the servers out of commission mob-wise one too many times.
  13. It isn't. I've heard it is an approved practice.
  14. :eek: What. Oh. My. Priceless.
  15. As stated the TEXP is only one type of leaderboard we currently have. We hope to expand it in the future. My thoughts are basically what have been posted. If you like it, awesome, if not, just ignore that it's there. TEXP will actually become more meaningful with the 1.3 update where you get XP for doing more MC stuff than actual just griding for XP anyways I think. :)
  16. Its pretty good, I moved onto a dual blaze. :)
    KingofKraft13 likes this.
  17. Hmm, can I get mod confirmation on this? I'm really hoping bots are not approved on EMC. If they are, expect me to abuse it until the rules change.
  18. There's an approved Macro mod. This is just one way it can be used. I've used it for chat macros.
  19. Wow, seriously? Bots on EMC... sigh. Wish there was a good alternative to EMC if that's the case.
    Mods/admins please rethink this decision.