[PLEASE HELP] New launcher, Multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by We3_MPO, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Today I logged in to MC, and it updated my launcher. I logged on with We3_10AC and am now on EMC with that account. I'm trying to log in to MC as We3_MPO while MC is open on We3_10AC, but when I do, I get the following message:

Minecraft is already running in this game directory. Starting it again may cause malfunctions or corrupt your saves. To solve this, create a new launch option and edit it to run in a different game directory.

We take no responsibility for any issues if you choose to ignore this message. Would you like to start the game anyways?

I do not know what a game directory or a new launch option is, and I do not want to risk issues. I still sometimes need to have both of my accounts on EMC at the same time. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
  2. It doesn't prevent you from running multiple instances as far as I know, that message is just a warning telling you that your single player worlds might be corrupted if you load them on multiple instances (doing so has always led to issues)
    Echelon815, We3_MPO and BlinkyBinky like this.
  3. From my knowledge, this won't affect you on servers.

I think this is just a generalized response from Minecraft in case you, say, attempted to run multiple instances of a singleplayer world on the same directory (where the game's files are stored on your computer) with the same account. I.e., if I took Slvr, loaded it twice, and then tried to play the same singleplayer world at the same time, and then did different things and saved them... that could potentially cause issues (and has always caused issues in the past).

However, the possibility of these issues on a server such as EMC are virtually 0. On EMC, you are a client - you are the player and not much more. You interact with the server world, it does not exist in or from your directory, or your game's files, so to speak. I won't tell you to ignore it (though I personally have and haven't seen any issues so far) but that may be the best method.

If you really are afraid of having information corrupted, you can always copy and paste files from Minecraft's directory elsewhere. In Minecraft's directory, there is a "worlds" folder and a "mods" folder (you may also want to save "resourcepacks" and "screenshots). If you just hold the ctrl (or cmmd) button and click on the folders, and then hit ctrl+c, and then go to somewhere else you'd like to back up the files, you can do ctrl + v. To find the directory for Minecraft, in your Minecraft launcher, go to Launcher options. From there, click on a profile, it can be any one, or you can start a new one. You'll see a thing called "Game Directory" listed there. If you click the green arrow all the way to the right, it'll open Minecraft's directory for you.

If that made no sense at all, I have a guide I posted earlier here that color codes where you can find the directory.

Hope that helps!
    Echelon815 likes this.
  4. Ok, thank you both for such speedy, helpful responses. I always use only one account when I play in singleplayer (which I don't do as often as EMC).
    Echelon815 likes this.