Piston and Slime block Issue on Frontier

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Snappes, Mar 10, 2019.

1. I am trying to rebuild a Redstone machine on the frontier that I have built many times on the waste an in town on smp1. The Issue Is that only on the frontier does the machine not work the pistons only push the machine over 3 blocks when it is supposed to be an infinite cycle. I have tried disabling grief protection with even less success as the machine barely even moves a single block over. Why is it that the machine works in town and in the waste but on the frontier?
  2. Try using /noprotectmode
  3. I have tried that multiple times but sadly it has no effect.
  4. First, redstonery is auto protected like many high-end blocks.
    My friend tried making flying machines, if that's what you're talking, they don't seem to work on here. Maybe on purpose, so they are not flying around all over the server!
  5. UPDATE:
    Using Observer blocks instead of Redstone to activate the pistons is working to an extent. It appears that the Pistons have a directional cap of 20 blocks for the N/S directions and infinite for W/E.
  6. I suspected this too but it can work using observer blocks and only going in the West/East directions
  7. I have built working flying machines in all directions before, though come to think of it I only used observers. But they are correct, every single block you place has to be in noprotectmode, or else it wont work.
  8. Yes they only work with observer blocks I'm not sure what happened with my game that only allowed for the machine to fly for 20 blocks but it appears to be fixed :)