[PETITION] Ban .ping on #memes in the EMC discord

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Otus_NigRum, Apr 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As most memers in our community, we have enjoyed #memes as a safe space to post memes of all kinds (Even though legit all of them suck). A recent trend has spawned, one which many players type .ping into the channel to gain insight on their internet ping. This has caused poaching of our freedom to write, our freedom to share, and our safe space.
    We must ban .ping or else we will never be able to see the atrocities of the EMC meme community.
    Thank you, please vote.
    https://www.change.org/p/emc-staff-ban-ping-from-the-meme-channel-on-emc-s-discord
    SkeleTin007 and ConductorConduit like this.
  2. I faintly remember saying that the bot channel was there for a reason, so yes please change this so it's not flooded with bot spam. But I won't sign the petition beacuse I hate giving my info out more than I have too.

Your just mad that I have 👌 memes ;)
    607 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  3. your memes are the only reason why I bothered saving #memes. The other memes not so much lul
    ConductorConduit likes this.
  4. Thank you my friend! I definitely will sign this! I don't know how many times I've ranted on discord about this subject and the fact that there has been absolutely 0 staff interference is saddening, but it kind of shows given the recent Staff Action Survey getting attention to detail a lower rate compared to everything else. I hope that staff will find this or any of my statuses since they seem to be elsewhere, though I'm sure they'll fix it eventually, it's nice to bring it up to their attention
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  5. Discord is not meant to be heavily 'policed' or anything by staff. This is the first I'm hearing of this issue, so I need to look into options available. Next time, instead of a petition, just report it as an issue to my inbox directly please. Thread closed. Issue being investigated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.