[PARTY!] 2013 EMCon Party: 11/16/13 - 11/17/13!!!!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by minecraftgirl30, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Hey guys!
    (I'm so sorry that I couldn't tell you guys this earlier...)

The forever-planned EMCon Party is tomorrow! Here's some info, because it's going to be AWESOME:

What: An awesome party originally planned for people who couldn't go to MineCon 2013 in Florida, but now it's for anyone!
    When: November 16th - 17th
    Where: A special grief-proof location in the wilderness of SMP1. (The coordinates will be revealed early tomorrow, and also we will be transporting people there because the path there is a dangerous way to go. It is advised that you let us take you there!)
    Who: This is run by me, minecraftgirl30, and ninjabee2000. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, contact us!

It's going to be really awesome, you guys! We'll have Spleef, Drop Parties, Building Challenges, and more!

Food is available for a low price at the Emcon Restaurant at the location. Also, some items will be available for purchase at the Shop.

Houses are pre-built for you! They are 20 - 25r for the two days, including storage, furniture, and a few free items (exceptions can be made on the pricing). We ask that you please do not build anywhere near the EMCon party location.

It's going to be really, really fun, so you guys should try to make it!

The party has no real time that it starts at. I apologize if this is an inconvenience.

Special thanks to all of our awesome volunteers!

*This is not a staff-related event.*

And here are the times that we will be transporting people to the party location (meet at Nether spawn, /nether):
    (Pacific Time, USA): Around 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, and 4:30 PM
    (Central Time, USA): Around 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 6:30 PM
    (Eastern Time, USA): Around 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM, and 7:30 PM
    (Greenwich Mean Time): Around 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, and 12:00 AM
    {I know I left out a lot of time zones - sorry! Comment below for more time zones!}

I probably left out a bunch of info . . . Sorry.

Directions to EMCon 2013:
    I still highly recommend letting me take you there, because it's really dangerous-ish...
    1. Go on SMP1.
    2. Go to the Nether spawn by /nether.
    3. Go to the West.
    4. Go mostly straight. You should see a few leftover minecart rails under a small archway thing in the netherrack. It also has a small lava waterfall. Go through there, at the left of the lava.
    5. I know I'll sound like I'm trying to kill you guys, but the next part is in the protected spawn. You should be standing on a cliff. Jump off of it! I promise you won't die.
    6. Once you get down, go straight and slightly towards the left where all the mushrooms are.
    7. This is hard to explain, but here I go... Go down towards the lava, but do not jump. Trust me here: turn slightly right and jump into the lava, to the other netherrack land. This part is really hard for me to direct with only words, so I still recommend letting me lead you there.
    8. Turn right and go straight. You are no longer in the protected spawn. You should see fire, lava, and stone. There is a doorway-ish thing in the stone. Go through there! You should be near the following coordinates:
    x: -68.26300
    y: 33.000
    z: 129.46224
    9. Go straight until you get down the steps. Take a minecart (from the single chest) and ride down the rails to EMCon!

You don't need to bring anything, but armor, food, and weapons would be useful. Thanks!

We're not responsible for the deaths of players, sorry about that . . .

Thank you all! Hope you can make it!
  2. oh yeah... and free admission!
  3. I was wondering what the GMT time was.
    And do we need to bring anything?
  4. 1. GMT? I guess Greenwich Mean Time? I added it just because :p.
    2. Ummm ill add that. thanks!
  5. just asking do whe need to go to west with the fast travel or not?
  6. I'll try to see if I can come~! :D
  7. I will be attending and working at EMCon so you can expect to see me there :p

I hope you all enjoy it!
  8. yes, and i'm posting the directions now :)
  9. We're opening!
  10. To anybody that wants to come youre welcome to come the the EMcon party
  11. I'm going to bring some melons
    Parkerjv9 likes this.
  12. Hope a lot of people show up
  13. I'm still really confused about times... So does it start in 24 hours or what?
  14. I don't know bout that but people, including me, are already there :p
  15. Woops. And tomorrow is my little bro's birthday. Guess I can't be there then:(
  16. So its going on now?
  17. Bump
    I'm going off for the night, I'm not sure if anyone'll be there while I'm gone though :p
  18. I made it! :D
  19. Seriously? I'm dying already:( I don't even have food or anything. And that when it alreadybwas a hard time to get there! I don't like this.
  20. Yeah, sorry about that
    The area around the event isn't very well lit up...
    Honestly, I just hide in one of the houses until morning...